Mark IV or 3 Channel Triple Rectifier.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gnarwailnmt

Reaction score
pretty much the title says it all.
Come mid april, i'll be able to afford a triple rectifier or mark IV, both seem to sit on the sam online price range.

I've never had the pleasure of playing a mark IV or triple rectifier.

I've played a rectoverb and a dual rectifier.

Basically im looking for feedback on all angles.

I want amazing clarity from the clean,
and chainsaw meets bone on the distortion.

My rectoverb lead channel sounds so thin.

So yeah
150 watt triple rect
or 85 watt mark IV...

Both are great amps, but it just depends on what your looking for. A Mark IV has a very tight punch to it, and also, I like better for leads. The rectifier is a more saturated sound, which I like for rhythms. For cleans, I like the Mark IV, the Rectifier breaks up way to quick IMO.

But honestally, you need to try them both out before you buy, they are both really nice amps, but both very different.

yeah...i live in a hole in montana...we dont even have a marshall dealer here, so mesa's are few and far between.
And when i go out of town (4+ hours on the road) they usually dont have any mesa's at the stores in that town. I just went to the guitar center in spokane(i always hear how somebody got a killer deal on some mesa at a guitar center sale) and yeah, not one mesa to try out.

Im leaning towards the mark IV, i want a very tight, crisp, puchy sound...for both clean, rhythms and leads.

I think its something about the 4 power tubes only putting out 85 watts which gives the mark its bite

I've got 'em A/B'd in a thread... click on my soundclick page and you can hear em both.

Latest posts

Back