MARK IV & Nobels MS-8

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark IX

Reaction score
I Own a nobels Ms-8 (always used for switch on/off custom Pedal), recently I bought a new mesa mark IV head, and I'd like to control it via midi, many people says that the best solution is the cfx4, but it can't control the class A/Simul Class function and the reverb...so I was wondering: Can I use the heand in the external footswitch mode and connect 7 (one to the reverb) relay of the MS-8 to the the external jack without damage the amp? I know that this is safe and tested for the quad preamp...but waht about the mark IV? please HELP!

Thanks, but....have you ever tested it? :roll:

I'm very scared of damage it :wink:

no, I haven't tested it.
but the things that damage the mark IV are the g-major and some strange gcx thing.
A lot of people use the ms 8 with mesa gear, and never heard a story of a broken mesa caused by a ms 8.

I used the MS-4 with my Mark IV to switch R1/R2/LD/EQ, and never had any problems with it. Would have loved to have the MS-8, but couldn't find one at the time.

--B

hello ! I have a mark IV and I wanted buy a G major but I just read in this topic that it damage the amp !
Where have you find this ? thanks for the answer .
jean claude

yeah, i'm interested to know how the g-major damages the MK IV also, considering I almost bought one. And why can't the CFX-4 control the class a / simul class and reverb functions on the MK IV ?

the G*Major amp switching function doesn't play nice with the Mark IV. However, the G*Major sounds really dood through the Mark IV.

hi ! thanks for answer . But can you , if possible , explain how can I do with the 6 external switching jacks and the only one switching G major and also put an expression pedal , even , like you say , it doesn 't play nice .
on the forum I searched but not founded good explanations even in the effects part ; on the tc electronic site ' s forum it is explained a bit but I am not sure understanding ( Y split , stereo ... ) .
thanks .
jean claude

Latest posts

Back