Mark IV needs a good solo boost...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use an MXR Wylde before the amp as a boost on Rhy 2 for a heavy rhythm, and then i switch to my lead channel dry for leads, and just kick in the Wylde whenever i need a sustain boost. Occasionally i'll throw on my danelectro 7 band eq instead for a little bit of a mid boost for harmonic squeals, but rarely. The Lead channel by itself is great. I more use the MXR to turn my Mark IV into a 4 channel amp. Clean, Light Rhythm, Heavy Rhythm, Lead.

Hey Musicman, can't you use the Class A/Simul switch to also give you some volume?? I have also used the GEQ on the Mark IV for boosting...but I heard you say that's not what you want. I use the Class A/Simul switch and it will boost the volume as well. Can't wait to hear those clips :D

that song was off the hook.
i love those leads!!

btw...
musicman , your old mesa mk 4 is sitting next to me right now.
isnt it amazing how far its gone?

cant wait to fire it up...need a cab

It's a beast! What cab are you going to get for it?

Thanks for the compliments on the song. I am hoping to make another this weekend and this time go for the balls to the wall sound, aka HEAVY. We'll see if labor day works out for a good recording day since I'm off that day...

EDIT: just saw your sig and looks like you are looking for a 2x12 recto cab... ;)

This guy does it with existing circuitry and pedal. The boost kicks in with the eq.

http://paulrubyamps.com/index.html

You replied to a 5 year old thread? With a link to an amp builder? No mention of modifying boogies on his site. Looks like spam...

sduck said:
You replied to a 5 year old thread? With a link to an amp builder? No mention of modifying boogies on his site. Looks like spam...

Sorry for that... Joe (the guy who posted this) brought me his Mark IV wanting the EQ to have more volume boost. I've wired his amp to kick in the inner pair of power tubes when EQ is on, else those are off. This functionality replaces the ability to switch between simul-class and class A and the switch on the back of the amp serves to override the new EQ-switched feature and go to full power all the time. He posted this here just because had had been hunting for solutions to this and was really happy with what I did for his... Wasn't intended to be spam.

The MXR-Cae MC-401 does the trick for my Mkiv. Put it last in your signal chain (in the Fx loop) and you're done. When I'm lazy and don't want to carry my whole pedal board I just put in on top of the amp and activate it thru the fx loops' foot switch. Hope this helps.

MusicManJP6 said:
Thanks for the responses! Honestly, I find it VERY hard to pay $200 for a pedal even if it is exactly what I am looking for. The EQ in the loop interests me the most coz it seems that I would be able to 'sculpt' my lead tone using it. How would an EQ in the loop behave with the gEQ on the MIV? Also, what are the better EQ pedals out there? Boss's GE-7 has been said to be a tone sucker. How does MXR's 6 or 10 band EQ sound?

with 200$ i've designed and builded my own 3 chanel's tube pré proto, based on slo100 pre stages, 6 nos 12ax7 inline can't get better from both world, soldano clear and smouth overdrive and mesa creamy dark overdrive tones..

Restless Rocks said:
The Earnie Ball Volume Pedal as the last device in your FX loop. To hell with the sound man.

Best advice in the whole thread. There is a reason they are on so many pedalboards.

volume boost by using a volume pedal... BRILLIANT

Back