Mark IV Master Volume Question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

karmar

Reaction score
I just bought a new Mark IV - I absolutely love it, but I have one problem and I wonder if it is normal for all Mark IV's. My master volume does not allow ANY signal between 0-1. Then when I get to 1, it suddenly jumps to what I would call 3 on a Fender Twin. Then it is up to 5 on a Fender Twin by the time it gets to 1.4. So I have all my usable practicing volume control in the region between 1.0 - 1.4, which makes it very difficult to adjust volume - one must have an extremely steady hand and a lot of patience to try to "tapping" the knob to the desired volume. Are all Mark IV's like that?

The two that I've had (still have one) were like that. If you want to play it at lower volumes, you're going to have to turn the Channel volumes down a good bit. The tone gets all fuzzy though.

Dale

I have owned two Mark IV's now and mine is about the same alothough I can get a little volume before one. These amps sound best between 2-3. Like the previous posts you just have to turn the individal volumes down if you want to play at low volume. Another thing - I like mine with EL34's - just prefrence - the gain is a littler creamier for my tastes.

Latest posts

Back