Mark IV gain....

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stonedkirby

Reaction score
so yeah , I'm actively in the mesa mark 4 market for a few weeks now...its been very stressful. i see them go for 15-18 tops on ebay, and no one owns one locally thats wants to sell...i browse craigslist , here , ebay and other forums every day...no joke.
anyways , after a scammer ( i think ) flaker , and a jerk , i finally found a seller that seems like a legit , nice guy. he's unsure of whether shipping will work for him cause he wants to protect himself and so do i , but thats not the issue here.
basically , i wanted a mark IV B. however , if i settle for an A ( in really awesome condition for a good price..) will i be able to make it sound like a B? i know the differences are subtle....but does the mark 4 handle pedals well? does an ibanez tubescreamer sound good on it?
tones important but i like heavy distortion too...will i be able to get it or at least some middle ground....i like bands like All That Remains....if that helps...thanks for your time

Don't get caught up in the A and B hoopla. I've owned both and currently own an A. I love it and it does everything I need it to do... It seems to respond pretty well to pedals although I've never used a tubescreamer...

Seriously, if you've never heard a B or even if you have, the A is just as amazing. I've heard so many different awesome tones come out of mine that it still blows my mind... ESPECIALLY if you like heavy tones, although it can do any tones you want it to do. Good luck in your search!

-Adam

As far as the tubescreamer... what are you planning on doing with it? It sounds great on R2 and R1 but you'd never need it on the lead mode.

i figured i would use the TS for solos or w/e cause my current amp needs a boost for certain things...

anyways , can someone post some clips of their mark 4 doing some heavy distorted riffing?

btw im looking for head only...lol

stonedkirby said:
i figured i would use the TS for solos or w/e cause my current amp needs a boost for certain things...

anyways , can someone post some clips of their mark 4 doing some heavy distorted riffing?

btw im looking for head only...lol
\

The MarkIV is an amp that will make you leave your pedals unplugged for good.. the only thing I can see using a TS for is to boost a clean tone or on R2 which sometimes needs some help. The Lead mode needs absolutely nothing as far as a boost!

Latest posts

Back