mark iv footswitch or midi

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guitardude05

Reaction score
i currently do not have the footswitch for my mark iv, and just kept putting of getting one for it because i really only used the lead channel. now i kind of want to use r1 and lead, maybe throw some r2 in there. i was wondering, is it worth it to invest in this expensive as hell footswitch or go midi and build up a rack as time goes by? i could never get a stellar clean out of the iv so i dont even know if it is worth the effort.

i also have naughty thoughts crossing my mind of trading the mark iv for a roadster... which has a footswitch!

The FU-3 pops up sometimes on ebay. Even a new FU-3 should be cheaper than a channel switcher (like Axess CFX-4) and a midi foot controller.

I say, try the Roadster. If you really like it, then go for it.

Funny I should see this thread.....I might be willing to sell you my Mark IV F.S., it's in dead mint condition and less than a year old. I recently purchased some rack effects and the DMC Ground Control Pro.

Here's where I'm at with this:

A) I've got a great setup and no real use for it
B) I am never selling the Mark IV, no matter how good the 5 is, I will own both if I have to
C) Might keep it for backup in case anything goes wrong.....but I wouldn't be able to use the processor, which kinda leaves me in a pickle considering all of my effects are coming from the G-Force

For the right price I might consider....Shoot me a post here or PM.

To answer your original question, it all depends on if you feel you want to go that route. It can be a bit costly, much more so than getting the F.S. It's great having everything in 1 processor but look at what I had to buy:

T.C. G-Force
DMC Ground Control Pro
Axess CFX4 for channel switching via midi
Custom CFX4 Cable
Axess GRX4
midi cables

All that to have everything in one controller via presets. It hurt the bank but it's a 1 time thing, all depends on how bad you need to go that route. If you say you mostly use the Lead than I would have to say it's probably not worth it at this point.

If you do get the F.S.- you would probably recover most of it if you ever sold the Mark IV, without it you can expect to sell for a lot less (atleast the cost of a new F.S. imo).

Either way it's up to you..

Latest posts

Back