Mark IV + EMG Loaded LP Clip....Mr. Crowley

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you using any dirt boxes or are you going straight into the Mark IV in this clip? I think it sounds great, the rhythm is nice and punchy and your leads just rip!

Really nice clip. Not only did you pull off Rhodes' tone with a mark IV, you also nailed his technique. Superb clip, and by far the best clip I've ever heard on any forum.....Who the hell are you any way?
Really, the BEST playing I've heard ever in a clip.........
ax. (bows) :shock:

axwielding1 said:
Really nice clip. Not only did you pull off Rhodes' tone with a mark IV, you also nailed his technique. Superb clip, and by far the best clip I've ever heard on any forum.....Who the hell are you any way?
Really, the BEST playing I've heard ever in a clip.........
ax. (bows) :shock:

wow, that's a huge compliment man. i'm a 19 year old college student and guitar teacher. i play in a few bands and it looks like one of them is starting to take off. we're recording a cd in the fall, i'll post clips when it's done.

you can check out my settings here http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=965

i was using my gibson les paul custom that's loaded with an EMG81/85 combo.

IMAG0056.jpg

:shock:
You have restored my faith in the mark IV.

OMG. Did you have any post-pro effects in there or was it dry?

man, this is the second time i hear your clips, and my jaw is on the floor. everything is superb---the technique, recording quality, tones are DEAD ON...just wow! and youre 19!!! **** so am i! im jealous!

But on another note, these tones from your mark4, if you say are straight mark4, no efx, are making me seriously consider getting one of these animals instead of a Mark2C+..

Can the 2C+ actually nail some of these heavier tones? Is its range as wide as the 4??

Elpelotero said:
man, this is the second time i hear your clips, and my jaw is on the floor. everything is superb---the technique, recording quality, tones are DEAD ON...just wow! and youre 19!!! **** so am i! im jealous!

But on another note, these tones from your mark4, if you say are straight mark4, no efx, are making me seriously consider getting one of these animals instead of a Mark2C+..

Can the 2C+ actually nail some of these heavier tones? Is its range as wide as the 4??

I actually like the mark IIC+ much more than the Mark IV, but the Mark IV is much more versatile and is easier to find. So it's a trade off. The band I’m in keeps getting bigger and bigger gigs, so I’m currently building a live rack. With the money from the next couple of gigs I’d love to track down a Mark IIC+ and throw that in the rack along with my mark IV. Then all of my clean and solo sounds would come from the Mark IV, and my dirty rhythm sounds would come from the Mark IIC+. I know this is much easier said than done, but if you're able to try them both out in person you'll be able to decide what amp is more suited to your style (the hard part is tracking down a store that actually has a used one in stock). I like the Mark IV because I sit in with a few different bands when their guitarists are out of town, and with the mark IV I can get a great sound for country, blues, classic rock, hard rock, metal, and jazz. It’s ridiculously versatile. The Mark IIC+ doesn't have anywhere near the amount of options that the Mark IV has, but it sounds absolutely amazing.

i noticed that the clean Master sound tone was nailed by the mk4, but the lead sound you tried but couldnt get it. the 2c+ obviously can get it. hows the lead sound on the mk4? More like a marshall? or boogie?

I think not having the exact same rig, in the exact same studio, miced in the exact same way, without the exact same production had something to do with that. :wink:

I really like the lead tones you can get out of the Mark IV. It has that very distinct boogie sound.

Latest posts

Back