Mark IV effects loop problem...help

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hey, ive got a mark IV head from 1994, and its a beast, except recently ive re organized my pedal board, and added a sonic stomp, starting to run things through the fx-loop, except when the fx loop is on the voume will randomnly drop out, and a very low volume, buzzy guitar sound comes out of the speakers.....if im not using the fx loop i dont have this problem, and its not any of the pedals or cables, all checked out, and its just whenever i run the fx loop on, which would ideallly be all the time, and this is concerning me as im playing with the band and suddenly my volume drops right out, and if i switch to standby and back on then it comes back, or if i give the head a nice tap on the top the sound comes back, but i can barly go a song without this drop out occurring....any suggestions??? i have a show on friday and would really like to be able to use my mark IV with my board being run through the fx loop..

Have you tried taking the Sonic Stomp out of the loop and running it into the front of the amp? I thought you were only supposed to run modulation effects through the loop?

I just saw this in the manual:

"The BBE Sonic Maximizer Process is most effective
when it is inserted in the signal chain immediately
in front of the amplifier input. The Sonic Stomp
should always be the last pedal in the chain. "

hey, the sonic stomp did nothing in the main chain, and when put through the fx-loop it did wonders, in the manual it says you can also run the sonic stomp through the fx loop, really depends on the amp, its not a problem with any pedals, just the fx loop

Try running a single patch cable from the FX loop in to the FX loop out. Use the footswitch to turn the FX loop on/off. Do you experience the same problem with nothing in the signal path? If so, then I would take the amp to a tech. If not, then it's a problem with a pedal or cable in the loop.

I had a Mark IV and the loop was one of the best I've ever had!

Latest posts

Back