Mark IV : Disciples of The Watch (Testament)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cliffdove

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Thought I'd pay tribute to one of my favourite trash metal bands with this clip. Didn't really get much of a chance to check it out on different listening mediums and would appreciate any feedback from you.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=728873&songID=7190133

\m/,

hell yea man!! Thrashy as hell. I dig it. I don't have any complaints. It was fast and BR00TAL!! Keep Thrashin Man
peace
edwin

good job on an old classic! good to see fellow Testament fans out there 8)

Sounds awesome. Did you have el34's on the outside for that clip ? If so how much does the tone change when you do that because I was thinking about changing the tubes in mine soon.

Dave

kiff said:
good job on an old classic! good to see fellow Testament fans out there 8)

cheers bud. There's something about the old stuff whose vibe is so appealing. Maybe I'm just OLD. :lol:

Happy new year,

katsumura78 said:
Sounds awesome. Did you have el34's on the outside for that clip ? If so how much does the tone change when you do that because I was thinking about changing the tubes in mine soon.

Dave
Its four TAD 6L6's on this clip. stock STR 440's were ok but got murky and lacked some defination. I did do some tests with EL34's on the outside.

What it does is take away some bottom and mid range to make it tighter sounding. Better note defination but my pickups are mid scooped to begin with. The tone thins out and didn't quite get me what I wanted for this sorta playing. Besides, I'm pretty sure Testament sounds are Recto based and guitars loaded with EMGs.

I think its worth getting a pair of SED Winged Cs or Ruby 34s as another option to just to muck around with and learning what it does to your sound. Ruby's are a lil more agrressive sounding than SED winged Cs.

thanks and be safe,

What, no Skolnick solo? ;)

Just kidding, and well done. My favorite Testament song performed on my favorite amp! :)

I've been looking to do this song for ages, but haven't been able to find a guitarpro file to nab the drums to make a backing track from. I could make my own drum track, but that takes forever (it took me 2 weeks to program the drums for Metallica's Judas Kiss).

SeasonOfPain said:
What, no Skolnick solo? ;)

Just kidding, and well done. My favorite Testament song performed on my favorite amp! :)

I've been looking to do this song for ages, but haven't been able to find a guitarpro file to nab the drums to make a backing track from. I could make my own drum track, but that takes forever (it took me 2 weeks to program the drums for Metallica's Judas Kiss).

thanks. took me some time to work out tones for rhythm guitar. I'll work on solo tones next.

Do most of you guys utilise the GEQ slider for leads or just take it off? It'll be great if you could point me in the correct direction.

Great playing, I love Testament! It's a little more modern sounding to me, though.

As for the eq, I usually have it on for rythm and switch it off for leads, but lately, the other guitarist has been complaining that the volume jumps way up when I do it this way, so I'm going to experiment with an eq in the loop with the level and some mids bumped up. Good luck and great playing! :twisted:

Latest posts

Back