Mark IV DI out question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boola

Reaction score
Am I right thinking that you can't get a preamp out on the Mark IV without turning it off standby?

I just wanted to try running the Mark IV preamp into my Marshall poweramp but I only have 1 set of speakers so I can't turn the Mark IV off standby. I'm used to Marshalls where the loop send and recording out works when it's on standby which makes a lot of sense but from the Mark IV manual, the same thing doesn't sound possible with the Boog.

Am I understanding the manual right?

Thanks

The standby switch controls the plate voltage to all the tubes in the Mark IV. If it is off none of the tubes, including the preamp tubes, will have power. Therefore to do what you suggest, feed your Marshall power amp from the Mark IV preamp, you will need to have the Mark IV standby switch on. This will also power the power section of the Mark IV. Protecting your power section would mean putting a speaker or some other suitable load on the Mark IV outputs. You are understanding the manual correctly.

Latest posts

Back