mark iv clip

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

organometallica

Reaction score
I am new to this message board but have been lurking for a little while.

I just got a mark iv about 4 months ago and love it.

Here is a short clip of Floyd.

http://www.mp3lizard.com/download.cfm?id=23888

pat

[/img]

that was so ridiculously good! you really learned that amp in 4 months! i'd die to have a nice FLoyd tone. What were your settings like? What guitar? thanks!

Thanks for the compliment... Here are the settings

Lead channel settings (triode, class A, harmonics, tweed power)
Gain 8 pulled
Treble 10
Bass 1
mids 1
lead drive 8 pulled
presence 3
EQ on (classic V)

I started with gainfreak's setting (I beleive he posts on this board also) and fine tuned it to my liking

I am using a les paul standard (stock pickups 500T I think), mesa traditional 4x12 cab (V30s), TC electronics gmajor (slight delay thats it) and ISP pro rack g decimator for noise reduction.

For the recording I used a SM 57 at a 45 degree angle on the center of the cone, recorded with cubase. I did add just a little reverb using a plugin but thats it.

The tone on my recording is not exactly Gilmour, I was just trying to get a a singing lead sound with alot of sustain and tone.

I am running 4 mesa 6L6s for power tubes and various preamp tubes.

Actually quite a few others use settings similar to this. Mid 0-1 bass 0-1 and the graphic eq even lowers the mids more, but add treble and bass. But the end result is a nice lead sound.

I know its strange, If I had never used this amp these setting are the not first I would try based on other amps I have played. LIke I said I read through these pages and found gain freaks setting then it was easy from there.

Probably the biggest mistake I made when I first got the amp was to keep the gain and lead drive between 9-10. To me it seem 7-8 is far cleaner yet has great sustain.

Back