Mark Iv Buzzing You Get With Gain

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bshizzle

Reaction score
How do you guys manage the buzzing and feedback on the lead channel when you have the drive and gain pots pulled?

When you have the EQ and all that stuff boosting the signal, mine gets really noisy. I can't really do any tapping because the other strings start feeding back. As long as I'm either muting or playing a string, it's fine.

Do I have a problem or is this normal?
I know amps generally have hum when you have a lot of gain.

I noticed you have a gibson guitar, when I first bought my Mark IV I was playing a gibson guitar when testing it and I was getting what you just mentioned, lost of feedback etc.. then I played a Schecter hellraiser and I noticed the difference right away. So I came to the conclusion that it was the pick ups that was making the sound worse, I have the same problem right now with my ESP LTD KH202 I replaced the bridge pick up with a Dimarzio Super distortion and I get lots of feedback and buzz sounds only with this pick up, because when I switch to the neck (EMG by ESP pick up)
It does not make that sound. So I have the Gmajor and I use the Noise gate to minimize the ugly sounds, some people don't mind it but I do.

so hopefully this helps, get a noisegate pedal or anything that comes with a noisegate

My Mark IV would squeal all the time and I never figured it out so I got rid of it. My Mark III doesn't have that problem. I can run the gain high and the feedback is controllable.

There are a few things that can cause the problems,and they are all related.You have the amps gain maxed,every little thing is getting amplified.If a tube is slightly microphonic,and all tubes are to some degree,some more than others,so quieter tubes are in order.You can try lower out put pick-ups,this would be almost the same as the next step which is to lower your gain some.Tubes are the most common remedy,unless you can live with lowering the gain settings.

you can also try lowering the pick up height a bit. that should help with feedback at least.

Could be crappy power. I can hear my neighbor's TV and washer/dryer and hairdryer and anything else that pulls more than 4A or so from the wall, right through the speaker in my amp.

Latest posts

Back