Mark IV and godlyke power supply

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ibanez4life SZ!

Reaction score
If you power effects out front and in the loop with one supply, there is always the possibility of such microphonics, ground loops, etc.

my signal path is:
guitar->bad horsie ii wah->boss tu-2->mk iv input
effects send->mxr flanger->mojovibe->boss dd-20->effects return

i use a OneSpot daisy chain for the TU-2 and Morley wah (in front) as well as the MojoVibe (loop), an 18v adapter for the MXR flanger (loop), and a Boss PSA-120 for the DD-20 (loop).

i plug these three adapters and my mk iv into a furman power strip.

i had to get the separate adapter for the DD-20 because it squealed like a SOB when i had it connected to the OneSpot daisy chain at the same time as the other effects.

rabies, I too use the Godlyke power supply. I have been using it for 3 years with all sorts of gear, and I haven't experience a problem like that. Make sure you are using the right adaptors for the pedals that need it. (the +/- listed on the pedals). For the Road King I used a OD up front, with Delay in Loop 1, and Chorus in Loop 2. With the Quad pre It's the same deal, OD up front and Delay and Chorus the in the loop.

There is always a possibility of noise with the cheaper supplies.

Did you mention you are powering pedals both upfront and in the loop with the SAME supply?

If so, that's your problem!

like i said above, i had to get a separate supply for the DD-20, if i remember correctly it had nothing to do with whether it was in front or in the loop, it just didn't like being on the same daisy chain as my other pedals (my OneSpot is also a two pronger like the godlyke)

i run the OneSpot with my wah in front and my mojovibe in the loop with no problems whatsoever, so powering pedals in front and in the loop with the same supply doesn't automatically cause noise problems

Latest posts

Back