Mark IV aging, your help needed!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aart

Reaction score
Hey all,

I am selling my 1992 Mark IVA rackmount today because the rack is too heavy. I'm picking up a medium head wednesday and the seller claims its 13 months old.

I want to be sure he's not lying so in what range should the serial be?
Who bought a new one lately and in what range was your serial?

It has the detachable powerchord and all metal input jacks on the back so its a very new one, but I want to be sure.

Thanks,
Aart

Mine is 3 or 4 months old....I don't recall the serial number, but I will post it when I get home....with this and the guy above me, you'll be able to nail the date pretty well :wink:

ibanez4life SZ! said:
Mine is 3 or 4 months old....I don't recall the serial number, but I will post it when I get home....with this and the guy above me, you'll be able to nail the date pretty well :wink:

Perfect!

Thanks guys!

I used to own 5221 and before that a somewhat older one, don't recall the serial number.

According to the posts here it should be in the 12xxx region. Exports will take somwhat longer to get in the store so I guess it will be an early 12xxx.

I can't wait for wednesday :D

hi Aart, is there any noticeable difference to you between your old A and your new B? Which do you like the most?

I do notice some differences. The Rhy 2 has more body and is more open with the gain maxed. A little bit rawer.

The Lead channel sounds a bit more compressed and somewhat more gain, brightness and fuzzyness, but I hope to get that fuzzyness out when I will replace the stock tubes(russian 2 12ax7) with a combination of JJ and EH/Tung Sol, like my old Mark IV rackmount had. The Mark IVA seemed more raw. But their both aggressive, and thats how I want my amps to be :D

I also like the reverb footswitch possability. I will get myself a decent fx unit so I can switch from Clean with chorus, delay and reverb to lead+eq w/o fx/rev.

But I think the differences are small, especially when I put my favorite tubes in.

Latest posts

Back