Mark IV Acqusition

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bpm91

Reaction score
BobbysMarks4Medium.jpg

Got her tonight for $1200! Mint Condition, Quad of Ruby 6L6GCMSTRs.

BobbysMarks2Medium.jpg

Go ahead... throw another on the pile!

I remember that someone mentioned they liked the manuscript-typed manual that came with this amp. I don't know if it is available on this site or anywhere else, but the owner gave me his... which makes me wonder if my Mark is a A or B? It does have the satellite jacks on the back.

I'm sure glad I picked this amp up. With the powerful GEQ, I can easily get the Recto tones.

Looks great... and I am sure it sounds great too. Try these settings for smooth high gain...

GainfreakMKIV.jpg

psychodave said:
Looks great... and I am sure it sounds great too. Try these settings for smooth high gain...

GainfreakMKIV.jpg

I definitely will!

Here's a little blurb I did of my Mark IV:

So I sold the Rectoverb to fund the Mark IV and am very happy to have done so... The graphic EQ on the Mark allows me to easily capture the Recto's tones. The powertubes in there are Ruby 6l6GCMSTRs, and pre's I think are JJs. I have to look to see if there are any treasures in there like there were in my Mark III.

I haven't been able to really crank it because my roommates are busy with their work, but from what I have played so far, I am VERY impressed. Probably one of the most versatile machines out there.

Since I'm playing this amp a little late in the night, I have it on the tweed option, Class A and Trimode, which I believe brings the might 85 watts down to 15 watts! I do believe someone mentioned that the Mark IV may be the best practice amp out there.:lol:

Amazing to say the least. It has me considering tossing my Mark III Blue Stripe, but then again, that's a piece of Mesa history and I love the tones out of it too. I prefer the Mark IV because it improves the 3 channels by zeroing out an volume drops/blips while channel-switching while doing a million other things too.

That being said, I would definitely take the 'deep' pull option on the Mark III over the Mark IV's 'fat' pull option.
Just imagine if you had that option on the Mark IV. It would sound RIDICULOUS.

miqueas92 said:
psychodave said:

GainfreakMKIV.jpg

PDave,

Where did you get this??

A URL please if there is one

Mick

There is no URL. Hal9000 made it. He is on several forums like Harmony Central.

Latest posts

Back