Mark. III - Which tube for reverb?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robredo_mattila

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm pretty sure my amp came fully loaded from the factory but a previous owner took out the reverb tank, but there are 5 preamp tubes in place. One is the reverb driver isn't it? if the reverb tank isn't there do I need the tube that drives the reverb in the amp?

Thanks for the help. Loving the forum as always.

Hey, mon, de manual, he say:
"V4 is the Reverb tube. Change it if you have a reverb problem. But first check that the reverb cables are plugged in securely. Grey cable goes in the socket toward the front of the amp."

I'd just leave it - now you know where a spare tube is, and it keeps dirt, dust, spiders, etc., from entering the empty socket holes.
I doubt you could damage the amp by removing it - I've removed/switched pre-amp tubes while the amp was on (volume off) with no ill effects. It's not recommended, but I didn't kill the amp. Mark IIIs are tough.

MrMarkIII said:
I'd just leave it - now you know where a spare tube is, and it keeps dirt, dust, spiders, etc., from entering the empty socket holes.
I doubt you could damage the amp by removing it...

+1

It won't harm the amp to remove it all together. But it's a great place to stick a spare!

Latest posts

Back