Mark III - which cabinets?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schwerkowsky

Reaction score
Hello,

I recently bought a Mark III head / wide head / red stripe. I need cabinets now. I play classical 80ies Rock / hard rock / Metal. Can anyone give me a suggestion?

schwerkowsky

I really like the Mesa Recto Standard 4x12s (the oversized ones). Big bottom end, good palm mute thump, and they're loud/cutting without being too shrill.

Some people find they can get too boomy....I usually tell them to turn down the bass, but you could also check out the Recto Traditional (I think they call them Stilletto cabs now). They're the same idea, but smaller like a Marshall cab, and a tighter/smaller bottom end to them.

I have been using the Marshall 1965A 4x10 cab and it has been perfect for medium sized gigs and everything else at home or practice. It is light and still puts out with a very pleasing tight bottom end. The long chassis head fits well on top of the cab, too. Z

I also have a red stripe Mark III and I mainly play it through my 2x12" recto cab. Sounds really good.

I have also played it through my 4x12" Traditional recto cab (sounds amazing!) and my Marshall 4x12" with V 30´s. It sounds good through every cab I tried it through, if slightly different.

100_0042.jpg

Bullen,

I have to say your Boogie is in beautiful condition. I love the wood cabinet.

Yes, it´s in pretty good condition, there are some scrapes, dents and marks, but nothing major. The guy who had it before me used a flightcase with it, so that probably helpt keep it in pretty good shape.

I will probably buy a similar head chassi for it some day, since i don´t really use the EV speaker, and to make it lighter. It so freaking HEAVY!

I also have rackmount (you can see it in the picture, on the floor) for it, but the hardwood looks so good, that I haven´t used it yet.

Latest posts

Back