Mark III vs. Framus Dragon

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should I Trade My Mark III for a Framus Dragon?

• Yes

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bpm91

Reaction score
So, would this be a fair trade? If not, who would owe who? Has anyone dealt with Framus Dragons before? Are there multiple revisions of it?

I have a Mark IV and a Studio Pre that can cover the III's tone, so I would love something a little more different.

I'd say you'd be getting the better part of that deal (in terms of value on the used market) the Dragon will be an uber high gain monster beyond what the Mark III is capable of (in my experiences) Play them side by side perhaps? the Dragon is more of a one/two trick pony (good trick) but the mk.3 will cover a lot more ground.

the mk III can sound so huge and chunky but tight at the same time.. i think its one of the worlds best metal amp's..don't be silly.

Thanks for the responses. I was just interested in something different/modern and noticed the power section was all EL34s and had some marshally tones.

guitarmaster said:
Shep said:
the mk III can sound so huge and chunky but tight at the same time.. i think its one of the worlds best metal amp's..don't be silly.

+1. Well said. Mark III is great :

"Victims of Deception" CD, Tape, LP - Roadrunner Records 1989

victims-of-deception.jpg

TRACK " Hypnotized" recorded with Mesa/Boogie Mark III 1986 :

http://www.heathenmetal.com/main/multimedia/vod/01%20Vicitims%20of%20Deception%20-%20Hypnotized.mp3
that is a **** fine tone!!! 8)

bryan_kilco said:
guitarmaster said:
Shep said:

+1. Well said. Mark III is great :

"Victims of Deception" CD, Tape, LP - Roadrunner Records 1989

victims-of-deception.jpg

TRACK " Hypnotized" recorded with Mesa/Boogie Mark III 1986 :

http://www.heathenmetal.com/main/multimedia/vod/01%20Vicitims%20of%20Deception%20-%20Hypnotized.mp3
that is a **** fine tone!!! 8)

Fine tone but a bit dated.

Latest posts

Back