Mark III Voodooman Pedals

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mercury25

Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with these pedals, in particular the 2-in-1 Rhythm & Lead switcher?

http://cgi.ebay.com/VoodooMan-Mesa-Boogie-MARK-III-Dual-Footswitch_W0QQitemZ280139391039QQihZ018QQcategoryZ43374QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

FWIW, I was thinking about it, as it seems like a simple solution. But then again, I bought a 2-button Mesa footswitch off the bay, $20 shipped to my door. I could do simple surgery and have a "real" Mesa switch serve the same purpose for about 1/3 the cost.

Edward

Too much money...if they were $60 or so for the 4 button ones, I would get one. They are not hard to make. Not hard at all.

Thanks for the replies.

I got one off about a week ago and it had some issues with it.
The guy replaced it with another, priority shipping, and now I've discovered another problem with the new pedal.

It appears that when it's connected, it changes the EQ Auto setting. So even when Auto is switched on, EQ applies to all the channels just like it does on the EQ IN setting.

I have the original Mesa pedals, and it works like it should with those--I was just looking for a smaller footprint on my pedalboard.

Just waiting to hear back from the seller/builder....

The jack for the channel switch might also be for the eq so unless it is a stereo cable, it might be hard switching the eq by plugging it in. It might not be a pedal issue exactly just the wrong pedal for the function.

Well, it was the pedal--for the 2nd time!

For some reason, the wrong resistor was used for the lead channel circuit and that was what was causing the problem.
I didn't feel like waiting for yet another pedal to be sent, so I went to Radio Shack got the right part and fixed it myself.

I'm sure stuff like this happens to pedal makers some times, but in both instances the guy was like "well, none of my other pedals have this problem, or I haven't seen this before...and i've sold tons of these..."

I felt like I had to "prove" that it was the pedal and not my system that was problem, including taking it apart and ohming the resistors, etc.
After that it it was "Oh, my mistake..."

I'm happy that it's working now, but I don't exactly feel "great" about the whole transaction and I definitely would think twice about buying again or recommending them.

It seems to me, if you are charging a premium price for a relatively simple pedal--make sure it works!!

Rant over. :wink:

Latest posts

Back