Mark III sound clips

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dlpasco said:
Hot. ****. GREAT tone.

What settings are you using? This is really good.

wish I could remember because I kept changing the settings from take to take. I dont think the sound on your clip is. very different it has mark iii written all over it. The thing to focus on while recording this amp is to try to go for definition. I think it is one of the best amps ever created if you want to build walls of sounds. so think instead about having a clear defined attack this amp will sound massive whatever you do :) also keep an eye on the graphic eq use it carefully not heavy V shapes while recording. use it to compensate the gaps other instruments may leave sonically.

another thing I can tell you is that it was LOUD

I only use the mark iii in the studio so I haven't got a setting I normally go to. but I really have tried to make this amp sound bad and I never managed.

IBA said:
dlpasco said:
Hot. ****. GREAT tone.

What settings are you using? This is really good.

wish I could remember because I kept changing the settings from take to take. I dont think the sound on your clip is. very different it has mark iii written all over it. The thing to focus on while recording this amp is to try to go for definition. I think it is one of the best amps ever created if you want to build walls of sounds. so think instead about having a clear defined attack this amp will sound massive whatever you do :) also keep an eye on the graphic eq use it carefully not heavy V shapes while recording. use it to compensate the gaps other instruments may leave sonically.

another thing I can tell you is that it was LOUD

I only use the mark iii in the studio so I haven't got a setting I normally go to. but I really have tried to make this amp sound bad and I never managed.

Great advice. Thank you! :)

you are very welcome and thanks for your positive feedback. it's much appreciated :)

I wish I could be more helpful about the actual settings. but having said that, I think they are not that important, this amp sounds good whatever you do to it (try cranking up the clean channel for example - I love the sound of it) the clean channel is also amazing for surfy retro sounds with some tremolo and slap back. it's so versatile!.

I re-tubed my Mark III blue stripe, and dialed in this: https://soundcloud.com/dlpasco/heavy

That is a whole lotta amp.

At the last minute I decided to put down a solo as well, just to see how it sounded.

Back