Mark III simul-class and wattage question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joey707

Reaction score
For a green stripe MK III

Class A = 25 watts (tubes wired in pentode)

Simul-Class = 85 watts

Simul-Class watts are the sum of the outer pair of tubes (class A) 25 watts plus the inner pair (class AB) 60 watts. So 60 plus 25 is 85 watts total power in simul-class mode.

The no stripe through blue stripe versions of the MK III are 10 watts less in class A mode due to the outer pair of tubes being wired in triode. So you have 15 watts class A 75 watts in simul-class.

hey

there is a blue stripe for sale near where i live and it's the long head so the switchs are on the front..it has the full /half power switch on the fornt on it..does that make it a simil class or a 100/60?

Thanks

Just put EL-34s in the outer two slots of my Blue stripe Mark III and the combination of the 6L6s and EL-34s in simulclass mode is really sweet. The El-34s seem to smooth out the sound some as compared to running 4 6L6's. I was going to sell this one as it seemed redundant with my IIC+ but my IIC+ is not simulclass (both have EQ and reverb however). This one is a keeper in this configuration.

Latest posts

Back