Mark III reverb switch question...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boogiemon

Reaction score
Does anyone know if switching the reverb off takes the driver tube out of the circuit?

tia.

druckpig is right, the reverb is never completely "off" unless you set the knob to zero. The footswitch is "less/more" not "on/off".

You have to have a reverb tube or your amp won't make any noise, but you don't have to have a reverb tank. IIRC that's how my III's work, anyway. I know you can run fine w/o the reverb tank.

Hi guys and I don't mean to hijack this thread, but does anyone have a preamp tube layout for location of V-1 thru 5? I think I may need to change my reverb driver tube since the reverb has a mild, but audible, hiss when a note is played.

Thanks,

Brian

the "manual" is on the mesa site, but i'm pretty sure the reverb tube is the on closest to the tank cable jacks.

Mark III Man said:
Hi guys and I don't mean to hijack this thread, but does anyone have a preamp tube layout for location of V-1 thru 5? I think I may need to change my reverb driver tube since the reverb has a mild, but audible, hiss when a note is played.

Thanks,

Brian

Latest posts

Back