Mark iii Red Stripe problem

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Garithulu

Reaction score
Hi, i just bough a mark iii red stripe combo with EQ simul class, i plug in plug the guitar aaaaaaaannnnd, it sounds like crap, there's no gain whatsoever, it sound mildly distorted but not heavy distortion or anything. Is that ok? Or the tubes died?

Indeed, may be a tube. Or a Vactrol on the Lead circuit as I faced this exact same problem with my red stripe.

Garithulu said:
Hi, i just bough a mark iii red stripe combo with EQ simul class, i plug in plug the guitar aaaaaaaannnnd, it sounds like crap, there's no gain whatsoever, it sound mildly distorted but not heavy distortion or anything. Is that ok? Or the tubes died?

Take a 12AX7 that's good (to the best of your knowledge) and replace the V1 preamp tube ( looking from the back it's on the far right , probably has a shield on it ). Turn you amp back on and check it out. If that doesn't fix the problem put the original tube back in V1 and move on to V2 and so on until you've gone through all 5 or until you've fixed the problem. I had the same thing happen and V1 fixed it, that's the one most likely to be the problem if it's a preamp tube issue. Hope that dose it for ya if not let us know. Good luck

Latest posts

Back