Mark III Red Stripe Chassis From Combo To Head Reverb Tank

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

massappeal

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm in the midst of a transfer of the chassis of my MKIII from a combo to a head and I'm stumped at the reverb tank. I have mounted it upside down but the reverb is very faint. I assume the springs may need adjusting or something like that. Do I have to buy a new tank? Any help would be great.

Thanks

When turning a tank upside down for installing in a ahead I find you have to adjust the springs that support/ hang the long reverb tank springs so they are up higher.
Otherwise the springs tend to hit the bottom (used to be the top) of the tank.
You'll need a small pair of needle nose pliers and some patience.
Once adjusted the long springs should move more freely and be back to normal.

Thanks GTS, but I am at a loss as the only springs I see to adjust are these. Are these the ones you mean?
http://www.imagebucket.net/bucket/is.php?i=11888&img=spring.JPG

Fwiw you may need to do the "one wire mod" as well.
It may sound strange but the need to do this happens randomly.

I once pulled the chassis on my MkIII, reinstalled five minutes later and the reverb was dead.
Did the "one wire mod" and voila! all was well again.
Could be the movement of the chassis causes the reverb to lose ground.

Reverbcablemod2.jpg

Cool. Thanks for that. I have a MOD tank coming in the next couple of days and i'll have a go at adjusting it if need be. I think the foam under the springs on the original tank are stopping the springs from moving correctly.

massappeal said:
Cool. Thanks for that. I have a MOD tank coming in the next couple of days and i'll have a go at adjusting it if need be. I think the foam under the springs on the original tank are stopping the springs from moving correctly.
Yeah just take that foam out. It's not needed.

Latest posts

Back