Mark III rack rig - need selling advice

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smgrimes

Reaction score
I know I'm committing a sin here, but I'm looking to sell my prized Boogie Rig. I'm the original owner, and I just can't bear having it sit any longer. It needs a new home...

The rig consists of:
- '89 Mark III simul-class (green stripe) rackmount head. Near mint condition
- '89 Mesa Boogie SUS-4 8U rack cabinet. Minimal scuffing on aluminum edging and corners. All black panels near flawless. 2 minor scratches inside.
- '88 Mesa Boogie half-back. 90watt Celestion Black Shadow up top, 200watt EV in the Thiele. Extremely good condition - I don't think there's any scratches in the tolex, and a couple of the plastic corners might have a scratch or two. Speakers are cherry.
- No-frills rackmounted power distribution unit.

The thing is killer. Just replaced the EL84s, and the 6L6s are near-new. At least 1 preamp tube had been changed out prior to the amp being "retired" about 10 years ago.

I'm looking for advice. I really don't want to part it out, and shipping would be a hellova thing to do. Any suggestions would be mucho appreciado.

Thanks!

Try your local craigslist if you're not interested in shipping, otherwise you'll probably have to part it up and either try selling here under the classifieds or ebay. Where are you located?

Indeed, sounds like a killer rig, and well put together. Finding that one guy who wants it all, just the way you have it, however, is the proverbial needle in the haystack, IMHO. Barring the magical appearance of said guitarist, you'd be far better off selling each item. More of a hassle to you, without question. But you'll get more for it all told. And as was already mentioned, there's Recycler, Craigslist, and Ebay (which you could stipulate "Local pickup only" for the bigger items, or if you want to feel out the interest). Good luck to you on some nice stuff.

Edward

If I were to ship, do any of you have suggestions on how to handle a large speaker cabinet? The other stuff I can handle, but I think I'd have to just about put that thing on a pallet...

Thanks!

Greyhound ships stuff that's large/heavy muuuch cheaper than the usual suspects. I've shipped a large car part, about 70-80lbs, and Grehound got it from SoCal to Jersey in a few days! ...and it didn't even cost me a body appendage. The only hang up is you have to drop it off at a Greyhound terminal, and the buyer has to agree to pick it up at a terminal near him ...easy if you're in a major city, but may be difficult if one is more rural.

Edward

Heya Austin

I'm really liking the flextone. The versatility is just what I've wanted all these years. I'm dialing up enough of the Boogie tone (usually using the Soldano model - go figure) that I always loved, that I'm really ready to sell my old gear. What I use most, though is the VOX model - wow!

All I can say again, is thanks!

Keep in touch, eh?

Latest posts

Back