Mark III Question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm sure this will be an easy one for you Boogie guys. I've got a customer looking to do a trade and he's got a Mark III combo with the Mesa/Boogie logo on it. Why do some Mark III have the "Boogie" logo and some have the "Mesa/Boogie" logo?

Thanks! Matt

Matt's Music Center
35 Pleasant St
Weymouth MA 02190 USA
781-335-0700
www.mattsmusic.com

I'll second that. I believe the "boogie" logo is pretty old school. The newer marks have the "mesa/boogie" logo.

I don´t know about that. I´ve seen some new Mark IV´s with the small "boogie" badge.

destropiate said:
I'll second that. I believe the "boogie" logo is pretty old school. The newer marks have the "mesa/boogie" logo.

Not exactly, especially in reference to the MKIV. Every MKIV I've seen has had the "Boogie" logo (though another has seen the contrary), while other amps pre-dating the IV have had "Mesa/Boogie" badges. Perhaps the IV is the exception?? Check out the other thread on this board regarding badges/years. :)

Edward

Early MK III's had the "Boogie" logo, although the Mesa/Boogie logo could have been added to any amp. It was stock on long chassis IIC+ heads and long chassis III heads. I have an original IIC+ 1X12 combo with the Mesa/Boogie logo, while the other two have the Boogie logo. It could have been easily added by customer request. If memory serves me correct, any MK III combo post 1990 would have had the smaller metallic Mesa/Boogie logo and long heads would the a larger off white Mesa/Boogie, like on the early Metallica heads etc. The true key would be the date under the chassis and the marker swipe, if any above the power cord.

I have a 1988 blue stripe and Thiele and they both have the Mesa/Boogie white letter plates.

markIIIthiele.jpg

Latest posts

Back