Mark III purple str w/simul +eq for $700 should I buy?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

analogkid1974

Reaction score
Hey y'all. I new here and don't know much about the "mark" series amps. I know I've been interested. I have a chance to buy a Mark III w/simulclass purple stripe combo for $700 shipped should I? What type of tones an I expect to achieve? How are the cleans? Need good cleans. I'm sure the grit is nice considering that's what Mesa is famous for. Any info is greatly appreciated. BTW, it also comes with the original footswitches.

That's what I have. I paid more, but I got a custom flamed maple cab as well as the headshell. Killer amp!

I had a purple stripe that was fully loaded. Channel 2 on the amp I had did a better classic rock sound than a lot of Marshalls I've heard. $700 is a fair price. You should get it, I think you will like it.

Now I can get a Mark IIb with eq, EV spkr, for 900 plus shipping. Which is better? IE, which will be a good investment if I should try to get my money back at a later time?

I'm unfamiliar with the "purple" version of the III. However, generally speaking, the clean on the IIB should be a little better than the III's clean.

But, the III is much more versitile, and has great distortion - can get real mean and also hase an extra channel. The III has Simul-class and an EQ which is also desireable. And you buy the III for less a couple hundred less $$ than the IIB.

If it were me, I'd go with III for sure.

Latest posts

Back