mark III low frequency hum normal?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

willrock

Reaction score
it's not a loud hum at all but audible enough for me to know that its there, it sounds like amps fan is blowing on the back of the speaker, that how it sounds like.. In fact, i disconnected the fan just in case it was the culprit, but it wasnt, the hum is still there.. I disconnected the guitar from the amp just so i can rule that out too, the amp still hums.. The only time the hum stops is when i flip the it to standby or turn the amp off.. is this normal?

Try to replace your V! preamp tube.

My c+ started to hum today, and I replaced the V1 and voila..........

tony777 said:

i tried replacing all the tubes (preamp and power) but no avail.. and guess what, when i turned it on yesterday, smoke came out near the power switch!! so im sending it to the Mesa headquarters tomorrow.. i think the filter caps was giving up? ****, the smoke scared me, kinda sad bout it going away for a while.. anyone knows whats the time frame till i get my III back? :cry: sucks

willrock said:
tony777 said:

i tried replacing all the tubes (preamp and power) but no avail.. and guess what, when i turned it on yesterday, smoke came out near the power switch!! so im sending it to the Mesa headquarters tomorrow.. i think the filter caps was giving up? ****, the smoke scared me, kinda sad bout it going away for a while.. anyone knows whats the time frame till i get my III back? :cry: sucks
It seems like you have another problem. Too bad but hopefully it works out fine.

Back