Mark III Lead Master Question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fome

Reaction score
So I was messing with the settings, and I kept feeling like I had harsh attacks, even with my presence set at 2. I started turning down the lead master while leaving the lead drive high, and it just seemed to get a lot smoother. So it seems I have a better sound if I keep the lead master below 5, and use the main master to control volume. Is this a correct inference? Does anyone else notice this?

The Lead Master is primarily used to balance out the Lead Channel with the rest of the channels.

It could just be the way your ears and amp (and speaker) are responding at higher volumes too.

In the 10 years I used my III, I found it to be a bit harsh at some volumes and more often than not I was running the presence at 0.5 and I found the tone a bit "smoother" in Simul Class - make sure those Pull Brights are pushed in too and if you have EQ, try the Classic V - it always worked for me!! - also remember (lots to on these amps!!!!! :D :D :D ), Strats etc are always better with Pull Shift engaged on Bass, the Lead Channel gets a bit more in the midrange with Treb Shift Pulled and finally Pull Deep is the one to get your balls shaking!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry if I'm repeating what you already know!!!

Wayne

Back