Mark III - Lead channel gain influenced by R1/R2 switch

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mpos74

Reaction score
Hello. I have noticed that my purple stripe mark has this special feature that the other stripes have not. The overall gain of lead channel is increased by switching Rhythm 2 on. I used to have also red, blue and black stripes and these have the lead gain independent on position of R1/R2 switch. What about your Marks ?
It is trange that the operating manual contains one sentence that leads to the fact that it should be a feature of all marks: "... the gain of lead channel can be uncontrollable, ... bla bla ..., especially when Rhythm 2 is on .. "
Anyway, it is a nice feature because it makes my mark a 4 channel amp :)

I think all Mark III's have this "feature". Maybe it is just more noticable on the purple stripe versions than with the other stripes.

There is a slight tone difference when the Lead is switched-on with and without the R2 switched-on, on my blue stripe...

Yeah, it's more noticeable on my purple than on my green, because R2 is a bassier, fatter sound on the purple.

It makes the lead channel fatter-sounding but also notably less tight in the bass and a little "fuzzy" overall on the purple, on the green it just adds a little more preamp gain that sort of muddies up the mids. I don't find it a very useful feature :?

Thanks for answers. It seems that purple is quite different. Other difference is the behaviour of R2 mod pot. On red stripe I was able to completely turn the volume of R2 down by the pot. On purple there is still some sound even if the pot is at zero.

I have a blue stripe and I can hear quite a difference in the lead channel if r2 is on or off. Sounds better when it's on.

Sorry, they all do it, to one extent or another. R2 + Lead is more saturated.
BFD.
To my ear, it's rather subtle, at best. Suum cuique.

+1. my "no stripe" is just like this.

MrMarkIII said:
Sorry, they all do it, to one extent or another. R2 + Lead is more saturated.
BFD.
To my ear, it's rather subtle, at best. Suum cuique.

Back