Mark III High / Low Output Question.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inmyhands

Reaction score
On the MarK III Head, (specifically the blue striped version), Is the full power output 75, 85, or 100 watts? On the lower setting is it 15 or 60 watt output? I recently purchased one on ebay and I'm finding all kinds of conficting information on the web. The old manual Mesa offers in PDF isn't all that helpful or complete. I've found and read the information listed at different sites about the Dot/Stripe markings and understand they denote the evolution of the series.
On my F-100 I had a 60/100 switch, but, I'm given to believe the Mark III is a class A type switching arrangement with a greater drop in output power.
Thanks up front for any help you can afford me.

"It depends". Full power is probably in the neighborhood of 85W. "Class A" would be about 25W.

The pair of 6L6s is good for 50W-60W, and the triode-strapped EL34s about 25W-30W.

Depends also on whether it's a Simulclass. AKAIK, the Simuls are 75watts, 85w for the Green since the EL34s are wired in Pentode. I've read that the "Class A" switch is supposed to yield 15watts.

Then there are the 60/100 versions which run on four 6L6s ...the wattage switch is self explanatory.

And of course, the 60watters which have only a pair of 6L6 power tubes.

Edward

Latest posts

Back