Mark III & Fulltone OCD

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goldtop

Reaction score
Anyone using a Fulltone OCD with there Mark III? Currently I have Been using a Xotic AC Boaster as a overdrive for a rhythm playing instead of using rhythm 2 on the Mark III. I tried the Fulltone OCD at Guitar Center thru a Lonestar Classic and it sounded killer with my Paul. Haven't tried it with my Mark III. Anybody have any thoughts on this? I know that Rhythm 2 is something that gets mixed reviews on the Boogie Board. I like it a lot with my tele, but it has always been a compromise with my Les Pauls.

I don't find the Mark III takes any additional drive well, but both R1 and R2 sound great with straight boost. I have tried several different boosts and not really found much difference between them in terms of what comes out of the speaker cab at the end.

I've used a few OD pedals with R1. I happen to think that the Fulltone OCD is one of the better pedals out there. But I have not used one with my III. I mainly use some modded TS7's, TS9's, Keely DS1's, and SD1's, etc (all moded). I like a barely clean R1, and R2 is too overdriven for my needs. So the light OD boxes on R1 just add the "crunch" I need for the bluesier songs. So far my Blue Stripe III has loved whatever I put in front of R1. I have used the OCD with a Blues Junior, DRRI, and a SF Super Reverb, and with great results. I would think it would sound great with any Mark III. Most of my testing/playing was done with humbucker equiped guitars too. :D

I have a modded Boss SD-1 and my III loved it and my IV loves it as well.
I just run it as a clean boost, it adds a little sustain without any fizz.

Latest posts

Back