Mark III: Clean sound louder than crunch sound

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schwerkowsky

Reaction score
Hello!

I'm new here to this forum. I just bought a Mark III / Simul class / wide head / red stripe and I like it a lot. I play classic rock / Hard rock / Metal. After trying out the sample settings I got Volume 1 to 9, treble around 8, Master Volume around 1.5 (in the rehersal room) and I use the graphical EQ adjusted to the 'classical V' described in the manual. Now my Lead- and crunch sounds very good, but the clean sound is VERY loud, louder than the lead and the crunch sound.
I know that with increased Volume 1 the clean sound ends sounding clean, but this is not the problem, I used to decrease the guitar (Gibson les Paul Classic from 2003, I LOVE YOU, baby ...) volume pot to be clean again, and I don't need clean sounds very often.
But this high volume is not to handle with the guitar's volume pot. What have I adjusted wrong?

There's a volume jump between the clean and crunch channels. Boogie made efforts to improve it, but it was never really corrected until Boogie finally added a separate channel master on the MkIV. Someone on this forum said there's a mod available were you convert the Direct out on the back into a master volume for the crunch channel, but I don't know much about it.

Turning up your LM would let you ballance the lead volume with the clean volume, but then your volume would drop huge when you switch to the crunch channel. My solution was to use the clean and lead channels, and use a clean boost/overdrive on the clean to get my crunch.

Latest posts

Back