Mark III chassis measurements

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aaroncbr

Reaction score
I'm getting a head shell built for me in over here in Australia.

I was wondering if there were some measurements of the mark III chassis floating around.
I'm not very confident with my measurements as i don't really have time to take the head out of the combo to do exact measurements.
Thanks!

I think he's asking for measurements because ( as he said ) he's not confident in taking them himself so in return he asked for info.

That's pretty legit I'd say.

He didn't ask how to take the chasis out.

Aaron- Hang tight, someone should be right along to help you out on this.

~Nep~

My Mark 3 Long head is 20 1/2" wide (52.1cm), by 9 1/2" (24.1 cm) deep (knob to back) or 7 1/2" (19.1 cm) chassis). From another Aussie, OiOi

Mate,
if U want a hand, drop me a PM.
I'm in Canberra, and can help with measurements for MkIII long head.
Who is doing your new headshell for U?
I've built many cabs/heads etc - once I get my MkIII happy again might do a headshell for it.
In between other projects too..LOL
Regs, Dave B

McBarry said:
Mate,
if U want a hand, drop me a PM.
I'm in Canberra, and can help with measurements for MkIII long head.
Who is doing your new headshell for U?
I've built many cabs/heads etc - once I get my MkIII happy again might do a headshell for it.
In between other projects too..LOL
Regs, Dave B
Hey Dave, I just did the measurements the otter day. It was at pro audio getting fixed for a little bit. Brad from mc cabs in Perth is doing it up for me. Thanks for the help anyway!

sounds good.
hope nothing too sinister for the repairs.
Pics of new cab when yr done ?
He certainly does have some stunning work, well worthy of a mention for the "cousins" over the pond to drool over..LOL

McBarry said:
sounds good.
hope nothing too sinister for the repairs.
Pics of new cab when yr done ?
He certainly does have some stunning work, well worthy of a mention for the "cousins" over the pond to drool over..LOL
The guy i bought it off put el34's in it (it's the 100/60 model) and i blew some resistors or something.
Now it's making a strange distortion noise... ugh

Mine is the full/half power version, (ie, no 60/100w or classA switch on the rear panel), I'm not 100% sure if it can take El34's in the outside sockets..Everyone I ask gives a different opinion..
Were your EL34's in all sockets or just either end sockets?
Sounds like it will be easy to track the cause of your "extra" distortion..and hence not too damaging on the wallet.

Don't forget pics when the new head arrives - I love some of his work pictured on his web site.

McBarry said:
Mine is the full/half power version, (ie, no 60/100w or classA switch on the rear panel), I'm not 100% sure if it can take El34's in the outside sockets..Everyone I ask gives a different opinion..
Were your EL34's in all sockets or just either end sockets?
Sounds like it will be easy to track the cause of your "extra" distortion..and hence not too damaging on the wallet.

Don't forget pics when the new head arrives - I love some of his work pictured on his web site.
Will do! the 100/60 can only take 6l6 apparently.

Do you have facebook or anything?

OK. I admit confusion..

The OT states
MESA ENG
SIMUL CLASS
EIA606-651

Assuming it is the correct tranny, isn't my front panel half/full power switch (which just turns off two of the 6L6's) different to the class A or AB switch which I think is the one usually located on the rear panel of chassis??

Thx for that, it's cleared up bit of confusion this end!!
Amp's in surgery at present, but I plan to try it after I've fixed the intermittent cutting out, then chased the low volume (input 7, master 3.5 and I aint deaf..).
Some "popping" on channel switching is on the surgery list also.
Could be a long anaesthetic I feel...LOL

And a THANKS is well in order for heaps help from this board over last few months chasing various probs.
I'm better informed, can ask local techs intelligent Q's, and often can resolve things myself. Heartening when I hear/read some of the dodgy repairs and comments readers get from tech's, with equally dodgy bills for same.

Back