Mark III Blue stripe vs IIC+

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The_OD

Reaction score
Hi all :)

How close does the Mark III blue stripe come to the IIC+ lead tone?

I am a happy IIC+ owner, but I hardly dare use it live. And now theres a Mark III blue stripe on sale for a reasonable price.

So I figured, if it hits the IIC+ tone fairly well, I coul buy it for live usage and leave the IIC+ at home for rehearsal and studio usage.

So please, enlighten me :)

The_OD said:

I am a happy IIC+ owner, but I hardly dare use it live. And now theres a Mark III blue stripe on sale for a reasonable price.

So I figured, if it hits the IIC+ tone fairly well, I coul buy it for live usage and leave the IIC+ at home for rehearsal and studio usage.

As close as any other MKIII stripe, more or less. Bottom line is, it can sound similar, but the feel will be miles away (for the most) or kinda close enough (for a few). Its a different beast with similar blood lines.

The_OD said:

I think you need to enjoy your life for it is short. Use it.

Yeah man, buy the blue stripe, great amp.

+1 on using your IIC+ live! Enjoy it... they are solid amps. built like a tank. It will last longer than we will that's for sure :D

scott

Back