Mark III blue stripe combo (soon to be mine!)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sotosprince

Reaction score
So, after all I sold my old 2:90 to someone who wants to pair it with his triaxis for a fair price... My mesa quad was so sad to be left alone so I decided to pull the trigger on afully loaded mark III blue stripe combo SIMUL CLASS EU version . The serial is sth like 22294 and as far as I can tell from the photos the combo looks very nice! I can see that it's loaded with 2 str 442 and 2 str 440. I don;t know about the preamp tubes but I have already ordered 2 RFT , 1 sylvania and 1 GE12ax7 tubes. As some of you already know, I am into 80's metal, especially metallica, so I would be really grateful if you could give me some tips + settings.. I know that this one is similar to the quad's 2nd channel, but still any advice would be helpful! I am looking for some crunchier tones like those 2...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlimy5dg2lM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3VFdOuRe6g

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Well, after spending some time with my newcomer I can safely say that I have fallen in love!!! I wasn't expecting to actually like that much the actual sound of the combo since this is not a closed back cab but the EVML sounds soooo good! Even though I am into metal, I just cannot stop messing around with the clean channel! Absolutely gorgeous! I have some nos 12ax7 tubes to experiment with but so far I haven't bothered.... If I was to describe the lead channel I would say that it's both aggressive and articulate! Also, one thing I noticed is that I need to set the presence a bit high to get my old metal tones sound raw and aggressive! Pictures to come...!

Congrats!
Isn't it great how all the Mark amps and preamps based off of Mark amps can have the same sound but all have such a different sound at the same time?

Congrats. While myIIC was at Mesa getting the Plus conversion, I picked up a Simulclass Blue Stripe combo. There are a LOT of sweet tones in that amp. Seems like a lot of folks I've talked to only want Petrucci or Metallica tones out of the lead channel, but the clean channel sounds great, and I think the Rhythm 2 sounds great as well. I'd tried a Dual Rec several years ago, and didn't really care for it at the time, so I basically ignored Boogies for years. But these Mark Series amps are killer.

ryjan said:
Congrats!
Isn't it great how all the Mark amps and preamps based off of Mark amps can have the same sound but all have such a different sound at the same time?
Yeah! Although I bought the amp for the lead channel, the clean one is very sweet! I havent spent so much time with the crunch one yet. Also, the elektrovoice speaker is really good sounding and not as bright as my celestion gold.

8UolXrE.jpg

yCIdq3i.jpg

JxwvuJT.jpg

V92PST9.jpg

Very nice!! Just picked up the same thing a few weeks ago and I am loving it.

Back