Mark III - Blown Transformer?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

energyturtle7

Reaction score
I was recently playing my mark III when it shut off and put out a terrible burning smell. I was curious if anyone near any more about this. Where to find another one if that is indeed the problem. I would appreciate any help you can provide. Thanks, Jake.

The smell is more likely due to a blown resistor that was taken out by a bad tube. If so, it's a cheap and easy fix.

I'd take a look inside the amp to see if there are any blown/damaged components.

BE VERY CAREFUL NOT TO TOUCH ANYTHING WITH YOUR HANDS OR ANY METAL/CONDUCTIVE OBJECTS - LETHAL VOLTAGES CAN BE PRESENT.

Dude find a tech and take it in. I wouldn't recommend anyone tearing apart their amp unless they knew electronics and where already capable of repairing it. You could just get yourself in more trouble.

daveg62 said:
Dude find a tech and take it in. I wouldn't recommend anyone tearing apart their amp unless they knew electronics and where already capable of repairing it. You could just get yourself in more trouble.

That's one of the wisest replies I've seen for a while.

Latest posts

Back