mark III and mark IV how closely are they related

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dropped_2_c

Reaction score
I know this question has been asked a million times, I do apologize, However what differences are there in tone as far as rhythm and mead. i know they have alot of different options on the mark IV, but can you nail most of the mark IV tones with a mark III or can you get close to it pretty easy?

Stupid question by a stupid guy sorry

Not a stupid question at all, i think they are very different. I thought the III was more aggressive than the IV and just felt different. I would say the III is kind of like a mix between the IV and a Recto, but you need the GEQ on it in my oppinion. I could only ever get two really good sounds out of it at a time, either nice shimmery clean and lead, or nice crunch and lead, I didn't spend enough time with it to get all three channels sounding good at once. Mine was also a blue stripe, simul, eq, reverb wide head.

I think you can get them sounding close to each other, but not exactly the same.

ToneAddictJon said:
Not a stupid question at all, i think they are very different. I thought the III was more aggressive than the IV and just felt different. I would say the III is kind of like a mix between the IV and a Recto, but you need the GEQ on it in my oppinion. I could only ever get two really good sounds out of it at a time, either nice shimmery clean and lead, or nice crunch and lead, I didn't spend enough time with it to get all three channels sounding good at once. Mine was also a blue stripe, simul, eq, reverb wide head.

I think you can get them sounding close to each other, but not exactly the same.

thanks man, I was wondering if i could cop some of the mark Iv tones with it, the one i have on the way is supposed to be a simulcass, head with the graphic eq and reverb with no stripe a possible + sign under or by the cable.

As long as it gets pissed off I don't care LOL. i just want it for master of puppet or and justice for all type tones or similar i have the recto style covered ala 2 channel lol but I am wanting to run them in stereo to see what i can annihilate.

It will do master of puppets perfectly. That's gonna be death through speakers :twisted:
You're gonna walk outside after playing them and you will be surrounded with small furries either dead or turned rabid from the sound

ToneAddictJon said:
It will do master of puppets perfectly. That's gonna be death through speakers :twisted:
You're gonna walk outside after playing them and you will be surrounded with small furries either dead or turned rabid from the sound

awesome man, i am going to get it and set it up and after that it's going to be in stereo with my recto for gigging ahhh i can't wait, maybe the tone will be similar to xyklon b deadly

ToneAddictJon said:

i complete agree.. mk IV and recto..bigger bootom end than the mk IV but Alot tight than the recto.. and smooth as butter when it wants to be to.

GEQ is a must...

Latest posts

Back