Mark IIC

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joel

Reaction score
What is the difference between a IIc modded to IIc+ spec's and a IIc+? What is the implication on the price? Also, can Mesa add a graphic EQ to a IIc modded to IIc+?

Joel said:
What is the difference between a IIc modded to IIc+ spec's and a IIc+? What is the implication on the price? Also, can Mesa add a graphic EQ to a IIc modded to IIc+?

If it's done by mesa boogie, there's no difference. Bad news is mesa boogie don't do the C+ mod anymore. Guess you could get the diagram directly from mesa and get it done by a tech. :wink:

:?: When did mesa stop doing the C+ Mod?? I know that mesa does (or use to) add graphic EQ's to IIC/C+'s for around 400-500 dollars plus shipping. But I heard that they no longer have the orignial C/C+ face plates, so they have to use a markIII face plate instead :? .

As for price, The IIC's value is the least expensive although they are becoming increasingly more difficult to find since most people have gotten their C's converted into C+'s. C's that were modded into C+'s are worth more i've seen them range in price on ebay from $1,100-2K+. The orginal C+'s tend to go for more, a bare bones models have gone for $1300, but fully loaded C+'s have gone for as much as 3k+. Hardwood, wicker, reverb, eq, simulclass options all effect that going rate of the amp. Generally speaking, the more features, the higher the cost. Hope this helps!

Joel said:

There is no difference whatsoever. The only difference is one started as a C and the other started as a C+. Sonically and electronically they are the same.

As mentioned by Johnson, price fluctuates in this manner:
2C
2C modded to +
Factory original C+

The specs offered were:
60w (no simul)
100/60w (no simul)
85/100 (simul) or was it 75/100?

You could have added EQ or reverb to any of those options, as well as an upgrade to an EV12L speaker if you had a combo.

The graphic EQ can be added to any C+. However, you will lose the C+ faceplate because they will have to replace it with that of a mark3. This obviously kills the value of the amp and takes away some of its appeal. It will sound good, but cosmetically and value-wise be inferior. It is instead recommended to just buy a good eq pedal.

Johnson said:
:?: When did mesa stop doing the C+ Mod?? I know that mesa does (or use to) add graphic EQ's to IIC/C+'s for around 400-500 dollars plus shipping. But I heard that they no longer have the orignial C/C+ face plates, so they have to use a markIII face plate instead :? .

I think i was wrong about they stopped to do the C+ MOD...i thought i saw that there...

http://homepage.mac.com/mesaboogie/MarkIIC.html

Sorry to piggyback on someone else's thread, but this question somewhat pertains to the subject matter. I would be grateful if somebody could give me their opinion on the value of a Mark IIC head that was modded to a C+ at the Mesa factory. It has EQ, simulclass, and is very clean, very good condition, and sounds wonderful. (not sure if it has reverb).

Also, after the mod is done, is it considered a C+ even though it originally left the factory as a C? I mean, really, only the serial number gives away that it was not originally a C+.

Well, IMHO It will always be a C that was modded to a C+. However, from what I have read and been told, It will sound 100% like a C+. But its still a modded C at the end of the day. So a modded C+ will have a lower resale value (more than likely) over the long haul. If the amp that you are describing has hardwood and Reverb it will more than likely go for more. Assuming that it is a modded C+ with Simulclass and EQ in regular black tolex I would guess that it would get somewhere in the ball park of $1,600-2,100...If its fully loaded and has hardwood and reverb, I would guess it would get somewhere around $2,500+/-

Johnson said:
Well, IMHO It will always be a C that was modded to a C+. However, from what I have read and been told, It will sound 100% like a C+. But its still a modded C at the end of the day. So a modded C+ will have a lower resale value (more than likely) over the long haul. If the amp that you are describing has hardwood and Reverb it will more than likely go for more. Assuming that it is a modded C+ with Simulclass and EQ in regular black tolex I would guess that it would get somewhere in the ball park of $1,600-2,100...If its fully loaded and has hardwood and reverb, I would guess it would get somewhere around $2,500+/-

+1

Thanks for the info, everyone! The combo I am looking at has no graphic eq and no simul-class, but it does have reverb and EV upgrade.

I think that amp your describing would be worth about $1200 give or take $100. If I was buying a modded C+, I would want to verify that the mod was actually done, and that it was done by Mike B. from Mesa. Cause anyone could put a "+" above the power cord with a sharpee. The seller might have the original reciept, or your might be able to call and verify that it was a legit mod by calling mesa (although Im not sure about that). Goodluck! Let us know if you get it!

Latest posts

Back