Mark IIC+ with Xotic RC Booster pedal

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JOEY B.

Reaction score
I finally scored the RC Booster pedal and tried it out with my C+. On the lead channel with Volume 1 at 7.5 and Lead Drive at 3.5 , I get a nice fat chunky rhythm tone suitable for most hard rock (NOT METAL). Then tweak the pedal for a boost on the front end of the signal that mimics turning the Lead Drive to 7-ish. True bypass and little to no coloration of the guitars' fundamental tone. 8) It's like turning the MkII into a 3 channel amp, that I actually like. :D

JOEY B. said:
I finally scored the RC Booster pedal and tried it out with my C+. On the lead channel with Volume 1 at 7.5 and Lead Drive at 3.5 , I get a nice fat chunky rhythm tone suitable for most hard rock (NOT METAL). Then tweak the pedal for a boost on the front end of the signal that mimics turning the Lead Drive to 7-ish. True bypass and little to no coloration of the guitars' fundamental tone. 8) It's like turning the MkII into a 3 channel amp, that I actually like. :D

I have been thinking about buying this pedal. Does it suck away some of the bass response? I cannot find a boost pedal that doesn't do that to some degree.

Racerboy44 said:
I have been thinking about buying this pedal. Does it suck away some of the bass response? I cannot find a boost pedal that doesn't do that to some degree.

I didn't notice any decrease in bass response. If there were to be any, it could be added back with the bass control on the pedal. :D

I've been playing my C+ with my BB Preamp a whole lot lately, and that pedal just works so great with it, as I'm sure all the Xotic pedals do. Is the RC Booster just a clean boost, or is it an overdrive?

mystidream said:
I've been playing my C+ with my BB Preamp a whole lot lately, and that pedal just works so great with it, as I'm sure all the Xotic pedals do. Is the RC Booster just a clean boost, or is it an overdrive?

I would not call it an overdrive pedal. As you send the amp a hotter signal (clean boost), you can drive its preamp section harder. Imagine turning your guitar volume knob to "13" and retaining the same overall volume, but with more sustain and a bit more saturation. :shock:

Adding the BB preamp to my Mark III was like adding 3 more channels to my amp. I can use it to add color and bit of grit to any channel and it sounds great! That pedal was made for this amp.

daveg62 said:
Adding the BB preamp to my Mark III was like adding 3 more channels to my amp. I can use it to add color and bit of grit to any channel and it sounds great! That pedal was made for this amp.

I had the BB, and did not want the color or grit. so I sold it. If the BB does what you want, go for it. It is just not what I was going for, tone wise.

I love my BB with my Mark IV but im really curouis to get a RC i use my BB with the gain all the way off and still feel like it could have a little less so the RC will be a good choice i hope

Its mostly my ego-boost to be honest

none of those xotic pedals are supposed to colour your tone much..thats what the AC, RC and BB are known for...youtube the BB preamp running into Mark IV's...guys like R brymer get the smoothest tone just from that BB into the IV.

Back