Mark IIC+ 'versus' Fuchs ODS

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
wow!
I currently have a mark C+ and Fuchs ODS and have been plucking away all night testing each other out, I have never read anywhere somebody comparing these 2 amps but honestly they are almost identical in sound well at least my C+ is anyways.
Both have truly amazing lead tone, wonderful sustain and not any mushy over-distorted crap that most amps produce.
The Fuchs is extremely sensitive and articulate, when you strum a single power chord each note can be clearly recognized and the C+ seems to be slightly more fizzier sounding when doing that same thing, the mark has more gain in the overdrive channel which is understandable but both are just wonderful sounding lead amps for any instrumental guitarists.

Cleans on both are again very hard to tell apart but I would have to favor the Fuchs due to a few more switch options that add a few different sounds to get nice creamy smooth fender like tones. But the C+ is right up there, when you consider the price tag for both these amps it's a choice between one being able to deliver more gain or the other delivering nicer cleans,
Either one they are true classics

Boogie on

:wink:

If you look at the schematic of the early Dumble ODS, you can see where the Mark II came from. I'm personally convinced that the Mark II was a copy of the ODS, and Dumble never pursued any kind of action about it because to do so would be to disclose what his amp was.

The Mark II is clearly not an evolution of the Mark I, it's pretty much a clean sheet of paper. I look at it as a mass-produceable and affordable ODS.

lol seriously
never knew that but sorta makes sense, and Dumble back in those days was it pretty much the best amp going around?

so what about the Fuchs is that linked somehow to the dumble as there are many reviews on this describing them as spot on identical to each other.

So my Mark IIB is a Dumble clone???

Should be worth 1/2 the money of a Dumble then.

I hope this catches on :)

It is an interesting thought tho.......

Not a direct clone, but obviously "inspired by"...if you look at a Mark I, it's a BF/SF Fender with an extra gain stage in front, and a master volume.

The Mark II drops the gain stage on the front and adds two cascaded stages after the tone stack recovery. Totally different than the Mark I, and exactly like the ODS.

Since the ODS was around at least as early as 1977, and since they're from the same geographical area...I must assume that Randall did some "borrowing", as he has in many other instances. At least that time he didn't try to patent it.

Latest posts

Back