Mark IIC to IIC+ mod costs?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Octavarius

Reaction score
Hey guys,

How much do you think it would cost to have a Mark IIC modded to a C+ by MB, plus some general maintenance on the amp?
Also, is it possible to have Simul-Class and EQ installed? And for what price?

And how much do you think shipping costs would be? I'm located in Europe, the amp is a IIC 60/100 head.

Thanks in advance.

To mod to C+ Specs, it cost $300. Then maintence is about $100 depending on what needs to be changed. Eq can be installed but I think a new face plate might have to be used because they don't make the IIC+ any more. The Simul-class cannot be installed because they don't not make the same transformer. It can be done, but another transformer will be used and the whole tone of the amp can change. I'm not expert so maybe someone else can elaborate. By the wat I had my IIc changed last year, and it was the best $300 I've ever spent. You'll be much happier when you get it back. What model do you have?

-Ryan

Well, I don't exactly own the amp, yet, but I have the chance of getting it quite cheap. And I thought it would be a better solution to just do the + mod on a IIC, than hunting after an original IIC+ and pay much much more.

Ok, so now I'm a bit confused with the Simul-Class thing. I thought the IIC's had the same tranny as the IIC+... :?

The amp is a IIC 100/60 watt head w/ the export transformer. Don't know the serial.

How much do you think the EQ upgrade would cost?
And is it possible to make Mesa build me a Imbuya head cabinet for the amp?

Thanks for answering!

you can get an imbuya cab for a lot of money.

the transformer needed for a simul class amp is different from that of a regular amp, due to the different loads and voltages etc from the el34/6l6 combo. These transformers are no longer made. The closest thing is the transformer from a Mark4, but as stated, it is indeed different and the tone will change.

Octavarius said:
Well, I don't exactly own the amp, yet, but I have the chance of getting it quite cheap. And I thought it would be a better solution to just do the + mod on a IIC, than hunting after an original IIC+ and pay much much more.

Ok, so now I'm a bit confused with the Simul-Class thing. I thought the IIC's had the same tranny as the IIC+... :?

The amp is a IIC 100/60 watt head w/ the export transformer. Don't know the serial.

How much do you think the EQ upgrade would cost?
And is it possible to make Mesa build me a Imbuya head cabinet for the amp?

Thanks for answering!

I've got a Mk IIC that's been modded to C+ already, but doesn't have the EQ. I called last December and Mike B told me that it would be 450.00 for the mod, and they have to use a left over Mk III Faceplate. I'm going to send mine off sometime in the next month or so.

Since you have the export power tranny anyway only your output transformer would have to be changed from the 100watter to the simulclass version. I'm not sure (we'll wait for our very own Carolina C+ Master and Connoisseur; the unmistakable King of C+ knowledge and lore alike, the one and only "Boogiebabies" to weigh in on this one)if the awesome "105" power tranny came in anysort of export version to begin with.

The export is the same for a Simul or 60/100. It actually runs lower voltage than the 105, more like the 100. The bias is increased as well.
It is supposed to be the ultimate transformer for the IIC+.
There is no need to change the PT if you have the X101 or 100. The Simul OT may be a problem. They can use the 562004 from the MK IV, or if your lucky, they may have a spare 562003 MK III OT on hand. It's identical to the IIC+. From there, it's just a matter of wiring it up and changing a few resistors on the power board, tube sockets and the bias circuit. Add a breaker switch to ground for your Simul-Class / Class A and your set. The 7C1 power board is the same for Simul's and 60/100's.
The EQ upgrade is mostly labor. You have to pull all the pots off, pilot light and then wire the EQ amplifier to the EQ fader board. Then the EQ fader board is held in by the tabs on the sliders. After that, you get to put it all back together. It's well worth it though. I think Mike B. actually has to make and populate the EQ amplifier boards as well. Since the MK III, they have been on the main PCB.

As far as an Imubya cab, I call last year and it was $ 800 for a head shell. A combo would probably be about $ 1000 - $ 1100 unloaded and with a six month wait.

Dude, I know it's got to be hard to get fresh Lexington BBQ in LA. But I'm sure that between "Harnold" and the influence of the "Brotherhood", anything ( and I mean anything) is possible. I knew they couldn't stump you man.

Dude,

I'm in Wesley Chapel, outside Charlotte. The Hollywood tag is where Pumkin Escobar from Jay and Silent Bob Strike back has his drug dealer union membership. The Hollywood Local 305. I have no problem finding Western or Eastern BBQ.

Wow, Boogiebabies, you surprise me again. You know everything man! :shock:

Thanks for the help everybody!

Cheers!

Boogie , boogie , boogie till yer head caves in .

whenyerheadcavesinthefunbegins ; boogie .

Repeat as necessary .. 8)
Wow ,Boogiebabies it almost sounds like a switchable mod for my Red stripe
mk III . add a relay board ? Hmmmmmm. thoughts ?

Back