Mark IIC+ Serial Number Question.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Platypus said:
I've got both an upgrade and an original. The upgrade is a 60/100 and the original is a simul. Both amps kick *** and get equal use. I would never turn my nose up at an upgrade for any reason. I know you'll be very happy with the amp; there's truly nothing like it.

How does the upgrade sound compared to the original? I've heard that they sound identical. Is that true?

mystidream said:
Platypus said:
I've got both an upgrade and an original. The upgrade is a 60/100 and the original is a simul. Both amps kick *** and get equal use. I would never turn my nose up at an upgrade for any reason. I know you'll be very happy with the amp; there's truly nothing like it.

How does the upgrade sound compared to the original? I've heard that they sound identical. Is that true?

I'm afraid I can't really answer that question because my upgrade is a 60/100 and my original is a simul; so they sound diffferent naturally.

Phil just buy it and only remember what you heard the other day!

[/img]
IMG_1110.jpg

immersed said:
Phil just buy it and only remember what you heard the other day!

[/img]
IMG_1110.jpg

I'm definitely getting it, no question about that. :)

By the way, Joe, thats the sickest rig I've ever heard or had the pleasure of playing. Thanks again for letting me stop over and play through it. We'll have to jam sometime or something, and I'll definitely be consulting you when I get the rack going.

I think this amp will fall into the category that it will not matter that it is an upgrade because it was such a late IIC. It's going to have everything a factory amp would have except the face plate and maybe the bright mod.

RP-11A preamp -
PWR-7C1 power amp-
Simul-Class OT -
105-162318 PT -
EQ -
Reverb-

Boogiebabies said:
I think this amp will fall into the category that it will not matter that it is an upgrade because it was such a late IIC. It's going to have everything a factory amp would have except the face plate and maybe the bright mod.

RP-11A preamp -
PWR-7C1 power amp-
Simul-Class OT -
105-162318 PT -
EQ -
Reverb-

Whats the bright mod about?

Boogiebabies said:
It darkens the clean channel and takes a bit of top end off the lead.

So after I get this IIC+, how would I be able to tell if it had that mod or not? I'm guessing after I post gut shots someone would be able to tell?

anyone know what the IIC -> IIC+ upgrage costs these days?

Boogiebabies said:
It's 50/50. Jerseydrew was selling 12,330 and it was a IIC. The serial numbers do not exactly equate to the exact build date range, but I assume Mesa was calling back all orders in the transition around 12/83 to ask if the customer wanted the new "+" revision. Anything between 12,300 and 12,500 is possible, but a visual inspection of the circuit board is the only way to tell if it was born that way. 12,337 was from 2/84 and is by far the earliest factory IIC+ I have ever seen, but 12,300 could have a chance.

I made the final payment for my Mark IIC+ SRG direct from Mesa in January of 1984. The chassis is dated by Mike B as built in 1/84. It is serial #12327...
I have done the loop test and verified it as a C+. I have been researching this for quite a while and I believe this may be the first C+ ever delivered to a consumer. I would like to know if anyone has a C+ made prior to this! I can provide documentation and photos upon request...

Latest posts

Back