MARK IIC+ QUESTION

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nick_cor

Reaction score
Hey, i just retubed my mark IIC+ and it sounds way better now.. I replaced the powertubes with sovtek 6l6GBs... is this ok? i know they're 25watts and not 30 as the GCs.. coudl anyone tell me about these

I personally wouldn't use a 6L6GB in my IIC+. I have used them in older Fenders that have a much lower plate voltage than the Boogie. I don't remember the exact number but I think the max. voltage a GB is rated for is under 400V. My IIC+ runs at 475-480v.

If you used the GB's my guess is that they won't last long.

sundaypunch said:
I personally wouldn't use a 6L6GB in my IIC+. I have used them in older Fenders that have a much lower plate voltage than the Boogie. I don't remember the exact number but I think the max. voltage a GB is rated for is under 400V. My IIC+ runs at 475-480v.

If you used the GB's my guess is that they won't last long.

thanks, so can anyone suggests a pair of tubes pre + power for my IIC+ it's not simu ?

Some GB's can test upt to 42W with 500V at the plates before red plating. The Sovtek tubes have the tendency to be a 25W name with a 30W tube. If they are not pulling a lot of bias with a high natural plate current, enjoy the tone. They would red plate pretty quick if they were not able to handle the current draw and plate voltage.

Boogiebabies said:
Some GB's can test upt to 42W with 500V at the plates before red plating. The Sovtek tubes have the tendency to be a 25W name with a 30W tube. If they are not pulling a lot of bias with a high natural plate current, enjoy the tone. They would red plate pretty quick if they were not able to handle the current draw and plate voltage.

what about NOS Sylvania 6L6GB's?

Back