Mark IIC+ Question - HOW IMPORTANT IS SIMUL CLASS

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nick_cor

Reaction score
Hey, I have a chance to buy a mark IIC+ once again, but it doesnt' have simuclass, how important is the simuclass, I heard that a mark IIC+ without EQ isn't worth getting and im into that petrucci/metallica, tight high gain focused markish tone, do you think i will still be pleased?

from what i've read, simul-class is something very very nice to have. it helps to smooth out the amp a lot. just think...you get the best of 6l6 AND el34 in a mark2C+!! it's like getting your favorite dessert with the two best toppings. You can't ask for much more! If it's worth anything, metallica used Simuls. You can read up about Simul-class and why it's so cool on Randall SMiths "Class A Explained" article on the boogie website. I used to have a lot more material, but my computer crashed and I lost all the stuff I used to have saved on C+'s.

hmm, i guess in 5 years time, i could resell it for more then i bought it for , i mean, i don't really hear a sonic differnece in my simucalss in my mark IV but that; because im using 4 x 6l6s, it just souds louder and a bit more harsher, .. willt he mark IIC+ WITHOUT simu still sound just as good as it claims, or is it nothign without it , just like it's nothign with out the EQ ( is it worth getting if it doenst' have the Simu, )

I HAVE A 60/100W MARK IIC+,EQ,EV, IMBUYA COMBO. I AM LUCKY THAT MY FRIEND ,JOEY B WHO IS A FORUM MEMBER ,AND WE LIVE IN THE SAME CITY. JOEY B HAS A SIMULCLASS C+,EQ,REV,EV,IMBUYA COMBO. WE HAVE PLAYED THESE AMPS SIDE BY SIDE THROUGH THE SAME SPEAKERS AND HAVE DONE A COMPARISON. I BELIEVE THE SIMULCLASS C+ DOES HAVE A SMOOTHER TONE AND TIGHTER THAN THE 60/100W. THE 60/100W SEEMS TO HAVE MORE HEADROOM AND POSSIBLY A BIT MORE BOTTOM END. IN SHORT BOTH AMPS WILL TAKE YOUR HEAD OFF AND LEAVE YOU SMILING. THEY BOTH SOUND INCREDIBLE AND YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED WITH EITHER MODEL.IT IS TRUE TO GET ONE THAT HAS THE EQ. AFTER THE COMPARISON WE BOTH JUST SMILED UNTIL THE RINGING IN OUR EAR SUBSIDED.

+1 to the above. if you have ever heard danyeo's C+ clips, you will understand that a C+, with or without simul, is pure sonic bliss. however, as stated, the simul's tend to smooth out a lot more.

on the black album and after, it was all boogie. you can't hear (or see in pics) an ounz of marshall in there. i'm almost positive they didn't slave into marshalls during justice.

Thank you! this really helped, as long as the mark IIC+ w/o simu isn't as importnat as the mark IIC+ w/o EQ then it's all good

Elpelotero said:
+1 to the above. if you have ever heard danyeo's C+ clips, you will understand that a C+, with or without simul, is pure sonic bliss. however, as stated, the simul's tend to smooth out a lot more.

on the black album and after, it was all boogie. you can't hear (or see in pics) an ounz of marshall in there. i'm almost positive they didn't slave into marshalls during justice.

I am friends with Danyeo and we did a comparison with his (now sold) IIC+ non simulclass and my Simulclass IIC+ and the only thing that we noticed was that my amp sounded a bit brighter. Danny had his presence on 4 or 5 and mine was off and they sounded pretty much the same. A couple of things to take into consideration is that we were not running the same tubes, so the brightness may or may not have been from that.

The only thing that I can say that is cool about the simulclass version is that you have the option to run the amp in class "A" mode for a different sound/feel and you can use the el-34/6l6 tube combo. Other then what I mentioned, they sounded pretty spot on.

yeah well, guess what ! in a matter of 2 weeks i shall be a new mark IIC+ owner. if things fall through as planned, I mean, I've been close to getting a mark IIC+ 3 times, each time something happened, very dissapointing. but now this is the real deal.

Nick_cor said:
yeah well, guess what ! in a matter of 2 weeks i shall be a new mark IIC+ owner. if things fall through as planned, I mean, I've been close to getting a mark IIC+ 3 times, each time something happened, very dissapointing. but now this is the real deal.
Congrats!! You'll love that amp!!

That said, I'm selling my beloved IIC+ to clean off some credit card debt! :x :D

Nick_cor said:
is yours a head? and how mcuh do you want for it?
Its a loaded black tolex shorthead simulclass,eq,verb. I was asking $2700. Everyone was telling me to put it up for $3000 but I think that they are smoking crack! :lol:

well defentialy, they're getting kind of rare now, you should keep it and sell other stuff , maybe a wife or soemthing (* JKS)(

Nick_cor said:
well defentialy, they're getting kind of rare now, you should keep it and sell other stuff , maybe a wife or soemthing (* JKS)(
I would if I could ahahaha!!

I hate to sell it but I screwed myslef with the credit cards. I have a MKIV and a coliseum MKIII so Im cool with letting the IIC+ go. I'll probably put it on ebay this weekend.

Nick_cor said:
wait! why don't you sell your mark III and other stuff
I hate to say this especially on a Boogie forum like this but I can actually get my MKIII coli to sound close enough to my IIC+ that it does not justify me keeping the amp especially for what they are going for now. I also got the coli MKIII for $595!!! The previoos owner was a jazz cat and posted it for $595 and was an hr away from me... I was at his door in 40 mins :D I also love my MKIV but would not get as much $$$$ so the IIC+ was/is the one to go

gainfreak said:
Nick_cor said:
I hate to say this especially on a Boogie forum like this but I can actually get my MKIII coli to sound close enough to my IIC+ that it does not justify me keeping the amp especially for what they are going for now. I also got the coli MKIII for $595!!! The previoos owner was a jazz cat and posted it for $595 and was an hr away from me... I was at his door in 40 mins :D I also love my MKIV but would not get as much $$$$ so the IIC+ was/is the one to go

Lmao, lucky you!!! haha he lived an hour away so i was there in 40 minutes! that's hilarious :lol: anyways ! I am thinking about getting a mark IV and mark IIC+ and layering the tone in two cabs with one musicman guitar, lets see how that turns out :D

Nick_cor said:
gainfreak said:
Nick_cor said:

Lmao, lucky you!!! haha he lived an hour away so i was there in 40 minutes! that's hilarious :lol: anyways ! I am thinking about getting a mark IV and mark IIC+ and layering the tone in two cabs with one musicman guitar, lets see how that turns out :D

I can tell how that will turn out.... It will sound F*&king HUGE!!! :D

Latest posts

Back