Mark IIC prices

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaveP

Reaction score
Just curious what you guys think a Mark IIC DRG with MS-12 speaker in an Imbuya cabinet is worth these days. Not an upgraded one just a regular C.

i would guess $1300-$1500 or so... that way after "+" upgrade you are looking at just under 2K for a DRG IIC+

but I would try to get it for the lower end of that range

scott

There is one on eBay right now. 3300. :shock:
I picked one up in the exact configuration a few months back for 1900. A DRG C I had upgraded to a C+
After the upgrade and shipping it puts you at around 2500.
I couldn't imagine starting at 3000 then upgrading.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320650943627&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

quoting the listing

"It is NOT a mk ll c+.It is a mark 2 c.There seems to be alot of hoopla concerning that variation"

lol... hoopla...

there is no way he paid 2700 back in 1983 is there? here is the price list... look like about 1600. add inflation adjustment to todays $'s... it's a 2:1 ratio 2010 dollars to 1983 dollars. so today would cost $3200?

i'd offer 1400 for it, but that's just me talking out my arse.

1983 price list
http://homepage.mac.com/mesaboogie/IIC/IICLit.html

Yeah! He was selling the Amp a week ago for $2300. It was listed as a IIC+. A price for these Babys aren't this high. But actually we saw several IIC (+) upgrades. The original IIC will become rare! :D So maybe we will see a price raise. Anyway, it looks nice and clean! With the Hardwood it looks very sexy. And if there is a buyer, why not?! We saw IIC+ go for around $5k :wink: And a Mark V in Walnut for $6k. Maybe a IIC for $3k.

1600 to 1700 is more realistic on what he might have paid back in 1983. This sold last week when it was advertised as a C+ for 2300
Once he found out it wasn't the buyer probably didn't want it. Now it's listed at 3300. How does that work? :lol:

Who knows though, stranger things have happened.

yeah, you never know what will happen. if you don't ask the answer is no...

by the way, if you don't mind, how much was your declined offer for, Dave?

scott

1800, I thought is was far considering the shipping was over a 100. Oh well. can't win em all. :?

i know i'm in the low side of things, but i was thinking a factory DRG should go for $2500, and the upgrade C to C+ less than that, say 2k or so. I just offered 1400... see how long for the rejection...

scott

I think a factory C+ DRG in a hardwood can in very good to excellent condition would bring 3500. An upgraded one on the high side may fetch
2500-2800. A non-upgraded regular C 1700-1900 when you take into account the cost of shipping and upgrade maintenance and shipping back.
Since you don't see a lot of the regular C's anymore it brings a little higher price. 1700-1900 in a hardwood cab with an EVM or MS12 or course.

yeah fair enough... I was thinking back to prices of tolex heads, and not giving much credit for the hardwood/ms-12 combo...

scott

SpongeRob said:
We saw IIC+ go for around $5k :wink: And a Mark V in Walnut for $6k.
I'm gonna have to call "BULLSHIT" on both of those "supposed" sales. Without proof that there was any money changing hands, it could be all a setup to inflate prices on these items. I've heard of a similar situation invloving classic car auctions that happened a few years back. I understand that any item is worth what someone will pay, but I smell a rat somewhere. :shock:

Hi Joey,

yeah that was also what i was thinking. I checked the feedback after the sale of the seller. I remember he came somewhere from China or Singapore. So the transaction was closed. And a $6k sale also cost a lot of fees. I don't know how much it really costs. But somethin about $300. Just for raising the value of the Amps? Don't think so. It was surely legit. From now the same seller is trying to sell another Mark V for $8200. I was comparing both to see if the auction wasn't a fake, but both were diffrent. The Wood Grain was diffrent. So he really bought two of these Mark V's in Walnut.

The IIC+ that sold 2 days ago on this forum for somewhere around 4800 with JP mods and the IIC+ wide head selling for somewhere around $5k is really hard to tell if they really sell. And for what price exactly! There is no proof. I could also put my Amp in the Classified Section for $6k and the next day tell everyone it's sold just to raise the "mind" prices. So i don't really care about those sales. All i wanted to say is, there are people out there who maybe search for a original IIC. And maybe there is someone who spent this money for the IIC. There is also a "Make Offer" Option. Crazy People are everywhere! If someone has the money for a Ferrari or maybe ten of them, what's $5k for an Amp?? Just maybe for showing his friends he got one. We are talking about $5k like it's a lot of money! And of course, it is! But some of the very rich people out there don't care about this. It's like buying her wife new shoes! With the only diffrent he's spending this money for himself. :lol:
My personal opinion on the sales here. Yes, the IIC+ Amps became expensive. Selling such Amps isn't easy if the prices are this high. 1 day for a $4800 IIC+ sale sounds really strange. Bad economy and of course everyone has $4800 laying around for such an Amp. Also my personal opinion on modded Amps are not very good. Also if MB done this work. I don't know how it sounds or if the Mod really fits my taste. Most modded Amps i played were crap of bad modding. Of course Mike know what he's doing. Still don't really know what to expect from a modded Amp.

But this is just my 2 cents. :) Does a IIC+ needs modding? I love her the way she is -> Nice and Evil :twisted: :mrgreen:

My theory on a Mark IIC being worth more than say a B or A is the fact it can be upgraded. That in and of itself would command a little higher price
due to potential. I have seen upgraded DRG's sell in the 2000 range but adding a hardwood cab will get you closer to the 2500 range which is in line
being that factory ones sell for much higher in that config.
I agree that there have been some potential deceptions on eBay trying to jack up the consumers impressions of worth. Look at that 2500 Mark IV. :shock:
I guess people can ask what they want, if they find an uneducated buyer to buy it they succeeded. I think the buying public is generally more aware of
street values and those auctions just sit and collect dust.

Latest posts

Back