mark IIC+ price

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carloc80

Reaction score
what do you think about a mkiic+ head simulclass reverb without EQ at 2600 USD?

If you REALLY REALLY REALLY want it then any price is justifiable i suppose. I personally wouldn't want to spend that much on an amp. A few recently sold for 1600-2200 but they both had wood cabs and EQ which sure does help the value.

I don't think they will get much more than 1500 on ebay so 2600 is probably a bit steep.

Without EQ? Hmm. A couple non eq IIc's sold recently for close to 1000 so i hope that helps in your decision.

Greg

the fact is that i live in italy and the seller of this amp(and the amp) is in italy.maybe price is high for this reason

Yeah i guess. If it's worth it then get it. Can you try the amp out before you buy? You should atleast verify that it is indeed a C+ before you buy.

Greg

carloc80 said:
the fact is that i live in italy and the seller of this amp(and the amp) is in italy.maybe price is high for this reason
dude, in the entire europe, Mesa's prices are CRAZY, so this doesn't seem like a bad opportunity at all, if you have enough money. Triple rectos usually go for more than this or around that figure.
I still feel really bad for not buying a IIC+ combo, with eq, simulclass, reverb, wooden cabinet, voltage selector, mint (looked almost better than new), it was in Slovenia and the guy wanted about 2300$ (~1600 euros).. :evil: :evil: :?

these things are extremely rare overhere

A MKIIC+ in a wood cab for $1600 must have been rolled down a steep cliff or a VERY unusual circumstance unless the market has peaked and also tumbled down said cliff. I'm guessing. Z.

Don't miss the opportunity... I'd even be willing to pay that price on the U.S. market. I've seen them go for as low as $1500 and as high as $3500. It all depends.

i'd buy it immediately if it had the EQ,but w/out eq worth the money too?anyway i have a studio pre and don't use EQ...

Zoner said:
A MKIIC+ in a wood cab for $1600 must have been rolled down a steep cliff or a VERY unusual circumstance unless the market has peaked and also tumbled down said cliff. I'm guessing. Z.

do a completed listing search on ebay for "mesa mark" to get an idea of the condition. I think you will be surprised and a little upset.

Greg

carloc80 said:
Your other option is to but from the States and ship it over to Europe of course incurring the costs of import duty/VAT etc. For me it proved cheaper than buying locally in the UK – not that many 2C+ come up for sale here. You may even be able to find one with an export (international) transformer. Most of my Mesa stuff has come from the States.
Good luck, Ian

hi carlo, i'm italian too, and as you can see mesa prices here are really crazy. Did you take a look at www.mercatinomusicale.com ? it is a lot better than e-bay (but it is a simlar site) if you're searching for musical instruments (by the way... last month there was a full loaded snakeskin markIIC+ head going for 5000 euros.. :shock: ). I think EQ is very important in a mark series amp, but if you have a rack graphic eq it would be even better... however if you don't use it, you could be happy even without the eq... for that price however I would absolutely try the amp before purchasing. Ciao!

I would not buy that amp. I am going to give you some advice: In holland they pop up for 1200 euro and less sometimes in mint condition. I think the amp has been seriously modified by god knows which person. I bought mine in holland for 1200 euro. Its a 60 watt ev combo IIC+ and with a rack eq it is just devine

kirk19 said:
I would not buy that amp. I am going to give you some advice: In holland they pop up for 1200 euro and less sometimes in mint condition. I think the amp has been seriously modified by god knows which person. I bought mine in holland for 1200 euro. Its a 60 watt ev combo IIC+ and with a rack eq it is just devine

which amp is seriously modified?

the amp you want to buy is on ebay.it right? Well I think it has a crappy upgrade for simul class and is too expensive when you can buy a IIC+ in holland for way less

it's this:
http://cgi.ebay.it/Mitica-testata-Mesa-Boogie-Mark-IIc_W0QQitemZ110114244627QQihZ001QQcategoryZ10171QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

O.K., I looked at the hardwood combo that went for $1600 and have to say that it was offered at a price WAY below what it "should have " gone for if I read the market right. A B.I.N. is not a very good example of what the prevailing price is and I'm guessing that particular rig would have been close to twice that amount if it had gone off as a regular auction - someone really scored big-time. Hell, the 6th person that saw it bought it, so I'm willing to bet it lasted less than a half hour. Anyone want to sell me their loaded hardwood combo? I'll even pay 2K for it! Z

carloc80 said:
it's this:
http://cgi.ebay.it/Mitica-testata-Mesa-Boogie-Mark-IIc_W0QQitemZ110114244627QQihZ001QQcategoryZ10171QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

look at this page:
http://homepage.mac.com/mesaboogie/IICPlus.html

It says:
"Front Panel

On the Mark IIB there was no Pull shift on the Bass, whereas the IIC and IIC+ had this feature. Both the IIB and the IIC had Pull Gain Boost with the Master 1 Volume, the IIC+ (save for the first few or IIC's that had been modified to IIC+) had Pull Deep function with Master 1.

IIC+ Tone Controls: The two input jacks on the front panel are marked Input" and "Foot Switch. The lead/rhythm footswitch plugs in and has a red LED to indicate function in the rhythm mode. The front panels read Volume 1, Treble, Bass, Middle, Master 1, Lead Drive and Lead Master. It has "Pull-Bright" on Volume 1, "Pull-Shift" on the Treble, "Pull-Deep" on the Master 1 and "Pull-Bright" on the Lead Master"

what bugs me about this one in the auction you posted is that it has a "gain boost" instead of "pull deep" on Master 1 so it looks to me that it's a IIC without "+" or it was modded to be a "+" or somebody just used sharpie on the back and wrote the plus and "MB" initials.

look:
the one from the auction:

61991337xn8.jpg

and the real IIC+

IICknobs.JPG

I dunno, there are people on this page who know this better but I'm just saying...

The 15" faceplates said "Gain Boost". With the serial number it is 100% C+.
The Simul class/ Class A sticker does not mean it's and upgrade. I would predict that Mesa was out of Simul 15" face plates and used the sticker over the 60/100. There are quite a few out there with this.

Back