Mark IIC+ Lead Mode - questions

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

decker

Reaction score
In lead mode, does the MASTER 1 (MASTER 1/ PULL DEEP button pushed) work ?

Thanks.

Elpelotero said:
The Pull Deep is a great feature. It lends a nice thick texture to the sound when lead mode is engaged.

Thank you very much Elpelotero.

So in lead mode, the deep function works but if I turn this MASTER 1/ PULL DEEP knob, it doesn't change anything ?

To sum up :
-in rythm mode, the MASTER 1 knob works when I turn it and the LEAD MASTER doesn't.
-in lead mode, the LEAD MASTER knob works when I turn it and the MASTER 1 doesn't.

Is this right ?

Nope, it's not right.
Master 1 should also work in lead mode. It acts as a general master, in order to balance clean and lead channels.

decker said:
So in lead mode, the deep function works but if I turn this MASTER 1/ PULL DEEP knob, it doesn't change anything ?

To sum up :
-in rythm mode, the MASTER 1 knob works when I turn it and the LEAD MASTER doesn't.
-in lead mode, the LEAD MASTER knob works when I turn it and the MASTER 1 doesn't.

Is this right ?
loylo69 said:
Nope, it's not right.
Master 1 should also work in lead mode.

True

It acts as a general master, in order to balance clean and lead channels.

Not quite.
The Master volume affects both channels therefore the Lead Master is what one uses to balance (the volume) between Clean and Lead channels.

Set your Clean Channel how you want it.
Switch to the Lead Channel.
To balance the Lead channel's volume with the Clean channels volume use the Lead Master volume knob.

The Master should increase/ decrease the volume regardless of what channel you're using.

You're right, I didn't express myself right.
I should have written: master 1 acts as a general master, setting the overall volume of the amp on clean and lead channels.

About the two master knobs of the IIC+ : are they an important source of distortion (lead or even rythm mode) ?

Sorry for these questions, I don't have any IIC+ as you can see.

decker said:
About the two master knobs of the IIC+ : are they an important source of distortion (lead or even rythm mode) ?

Sorry for these questions, I don't have any IIC+ as you can see.
Your may want to download the owners manual it's available online. This would help you understand how the knobs interact with each other and provide you with answers to questions you probably haven't thought about yet. It's not overly technical and I think it's only about 6 or 7 pages if I remember correctly and that includes sample settings. I believe the manual for the C and the C+ are the same so Google Mark ll C . Hope this helps you .

decker said:

No

The Lead Drive knob adds the "overdrive/ distortion" aka "Gain" to the lead channel.

On the clean channel ALL the knobs (except basically the Master) feed into, and affect, the overall tone and level of gain for both the clean and lead channel.
It's called cascading gain...

One things some people have done for fun is crank the Master 1 (Not the Lead Master) up to about 5 when in the Lead channel. It's an amazing tone!
(WARNING: DON"T do this then switch back to the clean channel)

But do as Buster Leggs suggested and download and read the manual.

Also Search and Read the boogie board!!
There are MANY Posts regrading settings that people use/ like
(as well as info on the interaction between all the knobs and how they affect each other).

Latest posts

Back