Mark IIC+ Lead Boost

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glawk

Reaction score
I need to find a good lead boost pedal for my IIC+. Ive been hearing about the BB preamp a lot...is that really the best thing? What other options are there? Im not necessarily looking for more volume...just more harmonic content and more playability. Something with a buffer would be useful too...

Try the RC Booster. I liked it better than the BB Preamp. To me, the BB Preamp added too much gain. The RC Booster seemed just right.

I have a BB and love it to death but I hear what "jerseydrew" is saying. I keep my settng's on the lite side, but I love the end result! Another one you might might want to check out is the AC Booster. They are all great so it comes down to music style and taste. "richb" has a Mark II C+ and also uses a BB Preamp you might might want to shoot him a PM.

I was over his place a few months ago and he is the one who introduced me to the BB Preamp at the time he was using a Mark IV like I currently do I ran out that weekend and got one for myself. But Rich is like me (or I should say I'm like him, he had the BB first) keeps the setting on the lite side.

Ever think about just a little OD infront? I use a Boss SD1 which is like 60$ in front of my IV and love it. Id look into the Maxxon OD808, TS 9, Fultone OCD etc. I havent tried out any of those preamps either but Im sure theyd fit the bill.

I have tried the OD-1 but it colors the tone too much for my liking. Looking for something transparent...I guess BB will be the first thing I should try.

anyone try the timmy with their IIC+ or MKIV? I wonder if it would be better....or a zendrive maybe.

Latest posts

Back