Mark IIC in a punk band? Help a newbie out!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deepsleep

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm in a bit of dilemma. I got a deal on a really, really good looking Mesa/Boogie Mark IIC, but I'm not quite sure if I can get sounds I want out of it? The guy selling it is pretty much across the country from me, so I won't be able to try it out before I buy it.

I'm primarily looking for an amp with good fat distortion. Right now I play a Gibson Les Paul Standard in to a Marshall JCM800, but I'm not quite satisfied. On a recent US tour I used a newer Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier, one with three channels, and I found that I liked that one more than my Marshall.

But now this Mark IIC has come in to the equation, and I could really use some advice!

Will the Mark IIC provide me with at least the same amount of distortion as a JCM800? Will it sound weaker, fatter or less distorted? Could you play (relatively) heavy music with a Mark IIC?

You can hear my band here; www.myspace.com/deathisnotglamorous - that'll probably give you an idea.

Looking forward to hearing from you guys, and thanks in advance!

Latest posts

Back